Software Engineer New Grad Interview Questions

(Posted anonymously by job candidates)

39 Companies: 13 of 39

See the latest Zynga Jobs

83 Interview Questions: 110 of 83 Sort by

Jun 20, 2014

Interview Question for New Grad Software Engineer at Google:

“I was caught a little off-guard by the System Design question. I actually like system design a lot and worked on some complex distributed system design before. I guess the major confusion I faced…”

Jun 12, 2014

Interview Question for Anonymous at Glassdoor:

“Find xPath and regExp to match a tag on a web page.
Software Design question in the last round (very general so I don't remember).”

May 17, 2014

Interview Question for Anonymous at Twitter:

“Most questions were fairly standard. Probably the hardest (to come up with a good answer quickly) were the less technical ones with the manager. These were mostly along the lines of "what would you…”

May 8, 2014

Interview Question for Anonymous at Informatica:

“1- Asked about when to use volatile keyword in java, double locking for singleton pattern--just Google for answers
2- was also asked to implement reader-writer lock(with precedence to writer) in…”

Apr 4, 2014

Interview Question for Software Engineer New Grad at Yelp:

“What is SSL and what is it used for?”

Mar 30, 2014

Interview Question for Anonymous at Adap.tv:

“2. Given a list of strings that may have anagrams of each other. How will you group them and return it as a list. All anagrams should be placed besides each other.”

Mar 30, 2014

Interview Question for Anonymous at Adap.tv:

“1. Convert string to an integer”

Mar 27, 2014

Interview Question for Anonymous at Amazon.com:

“Most difficult thing for me is about my energy. After two rounds interview, I'm kind of tired and I can't focus on the last round. And the tricky thing is I'll have to write code on a whiteboard and…”

Mar 15, 2014

Interview Question for Anonymous at Yahoo:

“In the second round I was asked how could I deal with large data file. I just have no idea of the question. The interviewer was nice and kept explaining his point to me. It's a more general answer…”

Mar 3, 2014

Interview Question for Software Engineering New Grad at Facebook:

“I signed an NDA so I'm not sure that I am allowed to talk about it. Mostly fairly general questions, e.g. data structures, algorithms. Sometimes there's an emphasis on large data.”