Software Systems Engineer Interview Questions

(Posted anonymously by job candidates)

39 Companies: 13 of 39

See the latest Hewlett-Packard Jobs

78 Interview Questions: 110 of 78 Sort by

Aug 12, 2014

Interview Question for Systems/Software Engineer at Hewlett-Packard:

“Did not get to the questions due to not qualifying for the internship, but he did ask about my technical background and previous work I had done.”

Jul 22, 2014

Interview Question for Fluid Systems Software Engineer at Space Exploration Technologies:

“How would you lessen the pressure surge (water hammer) from a valve being closed?”

Jul 22, 2014

“Why does the pressure losses drop in their defined behavior as the number of pumps decrease?”

Jul 22, 2014

“Given the upstream and downstream pressures and type of fluid, solve the mass flow rate as a function of time for a check valve. Afterwards, write the pseudo code for how you would solve this.”

Jul 22, 2014

“Draw a freebody diagram of a check valve in a body of fluid flow.”

Jul 20, 2014

Interview Question for Software/Systems Engineer I at USAA:

“What is your greatest weakness?”

Jun 30, 2014

Interview Question for Software/Systems Test Engineer at Qualcomm:

“When would you use a class in object oriented programming?”

Apr 30, 2014

Interview Question for Anonymous at Xtreme Consulting:

“I don't recall being asked any difficult or unexpected questions. Having done many interviews I answered as honestly and correctly as possible, even if I didn't have answers at the time. I…”

Apr 10, 2014

Interview Question for Anonymous at Verizon Wireless:

“Interview was interspersed with behavioral and scenario based questions. And, there was puzzle to solve! :)”

Feb 9, 2014

Interview Question for Anonymous at Broadcom:

“I received a couple of unexpected questions that were tangents off of some work I had on my resume. I know you should always be prepared for questions about your resume but they asked some…”