Software Tester Interview Questions

(Posted anonymously by job candidates)

36 Companies: 13 of 36

Interview Question for QA Analyst/Software Tester at State of Colorado:

“Why should I hire you?”

Mar 31, 2014

Interview Question for Anonymous at IBM:

“Not so much a question ... but she tried to give me advice about how to handle conflict situations in the future based on my answer on how I handled a past conflict situation ...without knowing all…”

Mar 31, 2014

Interview Question for Anonymous at PATLive:

“2 unexpected ones... first: what if you got little/no training...second: what if we told you we were not going to fix software defects”

Jan 10, 2014

Interview Question for Software Tester at Overstock.com:

“How do you test information from our site that goes into a database?
     I thought this was a vague question so I was stumbling around in the dark a lot.

Most quesitons were expected, all…”

Dec 10, 2013

Interview Question for Anonymous at SAS Institute:

“Again, I did not go through an interview process. However, I have heard from others that they tend to ask technical questions to make sure you can handle creating algorithms for statistical…”

Dec 9, 2013

Interview Question for Anonymous at Document Storage Systems:

“A trick question! Regarding multitasking! Since most good Companies have gone to the Agile method there is no more multitasking. it is useless according to anyone trained in the Agile Method of…”

Nov 27, 2013

Interview Question for Anonymous at EchoStar:

“What was the most difficult situation that you faced in your previous experience OR Tell me about a situation where you had to apologize to your supervisor because of a mistake committed by you…”

Nov 19, 2013

Interview Question for Anonymous at Intertek Testing Services NA:

“Why did you choose Intertek?”

Aug 18, 2013

Interview Question for Software Tester at Baker Hughes:

“He did not ask me one technical question and did not want to see any of my example source code.”

Jun 19, 2013

Interview Question for Anonymous at Rock Solid Internet Systems:

“Solving a story; what would you do in x everyday life situation of crisis type to see and understand the interviewee's thought process.”