sql Interview Questions

(Posted anonymously by job candidates)

106 Interview Questions: 110 of 106 Sort by

Apr 13, 2014

Interview Question for Data Scientist at Facebook:

“Again, I can't talk about the specific question, but after I wrote up a simple algorithm, the interviewer asked me for a more efficient solution. I really struggled with that.”

Apr 9, 2014

Interview Question for Business Analyst at Microchip Technology:

“There were a number of questions during the onsite interview. They wanted to see how well I am prepared for any scenario.”

Mar 15, 2014

Interview Question for Quality Assurance at Hertz:

“I wasn't caught off guard or stumped by any of the questions. They were solid SQL questions on how to construct a query.”

Feb 7, 2014

Interview Question for Solution Developer at Avanade:

“a lot of technical questions, if you know your field well you will answer most of them. They don't expect you to know it all but most of them or answer them closely.”

Feb 6, 2014

Interview Question for Executive Assistant/Human Resources at DataLab USA:

“I would have to say that the most unexpected question that I was asked was 3 words of how my mother would describe me. I never really thought about that, but it was an interesting lesson. I like…”

Nov 20, 2013

Interview Question for Technical Analyst at J.P. Morgan:

“How to list files inside a folder with SQL Server?”

Oct 28, 2013

Interview Question for Data Quality Analyst at Esurance:

“Questions about ranking. Rank You should know about the Rank() keyword/Functions, Rownum(), Partition, Rank Over, etc. KNow the constraints (I chocked on that one, nice!)”

Oct 14, 2013

Interview Question for Windows Systems Administrator I at Rackspace:

“In-depth IIS knowledge is a plus.”

Aug 23, 2013

Interview Question for Marketing Analyst at MGM Resorts International:

1 of 1 found helpful

“I had lots of SQL questions from how to create indexes, when to use the different joins, Use of views in SQL, how to improve efficiency of query, and how to write sql programmes for large data sets.”

Jul 23, 2013

Interview Question for Senior Developer at Amreli Technology:

“The most difficult question was about using specific controls in Windows 8 metro app development, and its details that matter.

Another difficult question was related to using image and video…”

Glassdoor is your free inside look at sql interview questions and reviews. All 106 interview questions posted anonymously by employees and interview candidates.