Staff Software Engineer Interview Questions

(Posted anonymously by job candidates)

68 Interview Questions: 2130 of 68 Sort by

Oct 12, 2013

Interview Question for Staff Software Engineer at Citrix Systems:

“I was shown a graph which described the load on a server over the course of a day. I was asked to explain the behavior that I saw on the graph.”

Oct 1, 2013

Interview Question for Anonymous at Hewlett-Packard:

“reverse a double link list.”

Sep 6, 2013

Interview Question for Staff Software Engineer at IBM:

“They were more interested in myself as a person than my technical abilities that I had already proven through internships with IBM”

Aug 5, 2013

Interview Question for Member of Technical Staff (Software Engineer) at Salesforce.com:

“There was not unexpected question. Everything was usual for a tech interview.”

Jul 23, 2013

Interview Question for Staff Software Engineer at Hightail:

“They basically asked "google interview" questions... code an algorithm on the white board. They also asked Qs about cultural fit, how to make the product better, etc.”

Apr 24, 2013

Interview Question for Staff Software Engineer at E*TRADE Financial:

“It was difficult answering math-related questions asked by someone who took math in another country. The steps to solve the problems are a bit different.”

Apr 6, 2013

Interview Question for Staff Software Engineer at Juniper Networks:

“Most questions are C & projects”

Feb 14, 2013

Interview Question for Staff Software Engineer at Google:

“How will you design an oscilloscope? It wasn't difficult in absolute terms but compared to the rest of the questions it was.”

Oct 29, 2012

Interview Question for Member of Technical Staff Software Engineer at Riverbed Technology:

“1) How does an ISR work (All the way from the beginning to the end)
2) Data structures and approaches such as when to use a hash table, tree, list, etc. on a conceptual level”

Oct 18, 2012

Interview Question for Anonymous at Flexera Software:

“Assume that java does not provide a HashMap and write your own implementation of HashMap”

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Staff Software Engineer interview questions and reviews. All 68 interview questions posted anonymously by employees and interview candidates.