Statistics Interview Questions

Sort: Popular Date
Sort: Popular Date
1 of 1 found helpful

“You're about to get on a plane to Seattle. You want to know if you should bring an umbrella. You call 3 random friends of yours who live there and ask each independently if it's raining. Each of your…”

“Given a coin flipping game, in which player A looks for the sequence HTH and player B looks for the sequence HTT, what is the probability that player A encounters its sequence first (and the game…”

“Given a random variable X and its distribution P(X), and a function y(x), what can you tell me about the distribution P(y(x))?”

“how would you diagnose a hardware system that was having excessive signal to noise problems from a camera that measures fluorescent signals?”

“Certain statistical questions regarding how to account for error in your normal statistical distribution”

“What computer software do you use?”

“Why should I hire you?”

“Can you tell me the formula for sample variance? Is this formula biased, and if so, prove it!”

“My on-campus interview had tough question about displaying the top 10 tweets (from the whole world) from the previous day on a website.”

“what is the significance of the peak in a gaussian distribution”

110 of 24 Interview Questions