Systems Administrator Interview Questions

(Posted anonymously by job candidates)

492 Companies: 13 of 492

See the latest IBM Jobs

583 Interview Questions: 110 of 583 Sort by

Jul 17, 2014

Interview Question for Systems Administrator CNT-III at UC Santa Barbara:

“In a technical job, they want an exact match for your skills and the job description. When I am missing a skill, they become flustered and when I assure them learning a new skill is within my…”

Jul 17, 2014

Interview Question for Systems Administrator at Software Management Consultants:

“Explain a difficult situation you had with a co-worker that you had to deal with.”

Jul 12, 2014

Interview Question for Systems Administrator at Vistronix:

“Some questions were about protocols in the OSI model. How do you deal with difficult people?”

Jul 9, 2014

Interview Question for Linux Systems Administrative at Express Scripts:

“One question involved compiling a Binary on a system that didn't allow compliling.
A simple question but it was worded in an awkward and counter-intuitive manner.”

Jul 8, 2014

Interview Question for Linux Systems Administrator at Liquid Web Inc.:

“Various basic Linux commands were asked including how to rename/copy files, change directories, restart services, ect.”

Jul 4, 2014

Interview Question for Senior Systems Administrator at Vistaprint:

“The technical questions are general sysadmin type questions. An admin with at least 2 years experience should be able to answer them no problem. The interviews are interactive so there is a lot of…”

Jun 27, 2014

Interview Question for Systems Administrator at DEA:

“There were no difficult questions.”

Jun 25, 2014

Interview Question for Systems Administrator at U-Haul:

“Most of the interview was spent going over my experience and military background.”

Jun 17, 2014

Interview Question for Systems Administrator at Mueller Services:

“Nothing really out of the ordinary.”

Jun 17, 2014

Interview Question for Systems Administrator at Blue Box Group:

“Nothing was over the head difficult. I don't remember anything unexpected. There might have been a question regarding something I'm not an expert in, but the majority of questions were straight…”