Technical Writer Interview Questions

(Posted anonymously by job candidates)

335 Interview Questions: 3140 of 335 Sort by

May 28, 2014

Interview Question for Anonymous at LSI Computer Systems:

“They asked detailed questions about my understanding of the technology. This was not unexpected, but I got the impression they wanted me to have a strong aptitude for technology--not just an ability…”

May 23, 2014

Interview Question for Anonymous at State of Texas:

“What is your greatest weakness?”

May 23, 2014

Interview Question for Anonymous at Wolfram Research:

“Was asked to provide a surprisingly large number of writing samples compared to other interviews.”

May 21, 2014

Interview Question for Anonymous at Instart Logic:

“I honestly don't recall, it was too long ago to have retained any of those details.”

May 19, 2014

Interview Question for Anonymous at Epic Systems Corporation:

“Programming skills questions were very difficult. The purpose is to see how quickly you can learn the skills, but it was very challenging, even for someone with average-above average intelligence.”

May 17, 2014

Interview Question for Anonymous at Pepco Energy Services:

“Nothing too difficult.”

May 16, 2014

Interview Question for Anonymous at Google:

“The recruiter stated he did not think I could talk to developers and insisted I had little to no development background even with my CS degree and years of coding experience. He never gave me an…”

May 16, 2014

Interview Question for Anonymous at Deloitte:

“No surprises. In-depth questions about experience and familiarity with professional tools FrameMaker and Author-IT”

May 14, 2014

Interview Question for Anonymous at Accuray:

“The first interviewer came in the room at 9:15 AM, overtly hostile, yelling "You're late!" I showed her my interview itinerary with 9:15 AM at the top for the first interviewer. This only made her…”

May 12, 2014

Interview Question for Anonymous at National Instruments:

“The folks interviewing me all had degrees in writing; none of them had any kind of engineering or science degree for working at an engineering company. That seemed rather odd.”