Technical Writer Interview Questions

(Posted anonymously by job candidates)

329 Interview Questions: 3140 of 329 Sort by

May 16, 2014

Interview Question for Anonymous at Deloitte:

“No surprises. In-depth questions about experience and familiarity with professional tools FrameMaker and Author-IT”

May 14, 2014

Interview Question for Anonymous at Accuray:

“The first interviewer came in the room at 9:15 AM, overtly hostile, yelling "You're late!" I showed her my interview itinerary with 9:15 AM at the top for the first interviewer. This only made her…”

May 12, 2014

Interview Question for Anonymous at National Instruments:

“The folks interviewing me all had degrees in writing; none of them had any kind of engineering or science degree for working at an engineering company. That seemed rather odd.”

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

May 5, 2014

Interview Question for Anonymous at Isilon, A Division of EMC:

“While not exactly unexpected, the manager asked me: "What is your idea of ideal documentation? What does that look like to you?". The purpose of the question was clearly: "Do you know your craft…”

May 3, 2014

Interview Question for Anonymous at Intergraph:

“How do you feel about the use of screenshots in documentation?”

Apr 30, 2014

Interview Question for Anonymous at Insight Global:

“None, except to keep focusing on providing contact information.”

Apr 30, 2014

Interview Question for Anonymous at National Instruments:

“Since most questions were behavioral, the hardest thing was trying to give fresh answers. I didn't want to rehash the same stories at every interview, because I thought I would come across as boring…”

Apr 28, 2014

Interview Question for Anonymous at Symplified, Inc:

“There were no unexpected questions but then, I was familiar with the industry.”

Apr 27, 2014

Interview Question for Anonymous at Epic Systems Corporation:

“Case studies emphasizing time management and prioritization”

Apr 26, 2014

Interview Question for Anonymous at AppNexus:

“Google-like logic games. In fact, many in management formerly worked at Google. For example, how can you get X amount of people across a bridge with one flashlight in X amount of time, if ....”