teleNetwork

Updated Dec 9, 2014

2.5

11 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Technical Support Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at teleNetwork.

Was many years ago. All had to do was fill out a questionnaire asking the most mindless stuff like what is DSL. The hardest part was making sure on time for training after. If late you were done with so make sure to show up on time. From new hires, hear it's a lot different though.

Interview Questions
  • There is no difficulty, anyone with a pulse can work here   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for teleNetwork

Technical Support Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at teleNetwork in July 2014.

Very straightforward. I applied online and the next day received a phone call requesting I complete an online test covering basic networking concepts. I got a call back that same day scheduling me for a phone interview the next day. Which was very informal and standard questions. The following day I was offered a Skype video interview which lasted about 30 minutes and was mostly just to get a feel for my communication skills. I felt the interviews had both gone well, and a few days later I was offered the job starting the following week. Training has been very useful and so far I am very excited to be at such a wonderful opportunity.

Interview Questions
    • What are 5 flaws you have that you need to work on.   View Answer
    No negotiations, entry level position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied online – interviewed at teleNetwork.

Hiring and the interview are very reasonable for the position: they require a test of technical skills and research ability (little direction, you need to have the skills to figure things out and to do so quickly). There is also a typing skills test. After submitting those results, you may get an interview. This could be in-person or via an application such as Skype, and is designed to get a sense for your personality and approach to people, assess your willingness to deal with difficult people, how you approach handling them, your phone skills, anything relevant to the position. It's not a fixed process but similar for interviewees for the same position, and the company is very fair about its approach and handling of people.

Interview Questions
    This is purely a non-professional employment position, though it requries professional level skills, so there really isn't room for negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Marcos, TX

I applied online – interviewed at teleNetwork.

Initially I filed an application through their careers portal which included basic information that you would find on other applications, in addition to a few basic skill-based questions and a typing test.

If they find that you meet their basic criteria, you will be called in up to a few business days to have an impromptu talk or interview on the phone before you are then emailed a link to a timed test (about 45 minutes if I recall) that will be highly skill-based questions based on your knowledge of networking and troubleshooting. (You might want to brush up on your Windows XP and Outlook knowledge though.)

If you score at or above a certain percentile after submitting the test, you will almost immediately be called back by the same representative you were speaking to previously to be told when you will have your interview.

I showed up early to the interview, about 10 minutes before my interviewer was there yet. The receptionist was understanding while I waited in the main area until he arrived. After he arrived I was taken into the main call-center area with multiple cubicles lining the inside. From there I was asked a series of questions for the 1:1 interview that was a mix of both skill and personality questions.

Technical Support Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at teleNetwork.

They talk about your background, then mostly ask if you have the proper setup (for at home technicians).

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. $8 for training, $9 past that.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Marcos, TX

interviewed at teleNetwork in January 2013.

Interview is basic.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at teleNetwork in August 2012.

I applied on line one evening and received a phone call the next morning at about 8:30. It was basically a screening interview. She asked if I would be able to meet the job requirements and inquired about my computer & internet specs. She then sent me an e-mail containing a background check agreement and a test with 30 basic computer & internet questions to be completed within 20 minutes of signing the background check form. You have to score 70%.

After finishing the test I received another phone call by the same person within the hour to set up an additional interview for the next day over Skype.

The gentleman on the other side of the call was casual and comfortable with the interview. I had expected more technical questions but that wasn't really the case. It was very similar to the first call I received. It lasted about fifteen minutes and I was told to expect a call within the week, then given the interviewer's contact information. Offered the job two days later.

None

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at teleNetwork in January 2012.

applied online got called for an interview the next day offered the position on the same day.

Offered $8 an hour non-negotiable

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Marcos, TX

I applied online – interviewed at teleNetwork in January 2009.

First you fill out an online application. Then, if you qualify, they will be called in for an interview. During the interview, you are asked a few easy questions. Afterwards, the interviewee takes a test to see if the qualify for the position.

Interview Questions
    • If you are not familiar with the technical work, then they are all difficult.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Marcos, TX

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at teleNetwork in April 2008.

You have to fill out an online questionnaire and if you seem capable they will call you for an interview. During this interview they will ask you to take a written exam about what you know to determine if you are capable. They will then call you back pretty quick if you got the job.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiating.