thePlatform Interview Questions in Seattle, WA

7 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Solution Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at thePlatform.

Applied on LinkedIn - HR was super responsive - had a 30 minute interview. HR was surprisingly technical, essentially filling in checkboxes for technical stuff. Next round was a phone interview - he was professional, called on time, explained what they do and asked a few design questions. Took *exactly* 45 minutes, and was on time for the interview. Overall, gave me a positive feeling about the company

Interview Questions
    • How would you design an exception management system that caters to varied end points ( email/ws/...)   Answer Question

ThePlatform Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at thePlatform in August 2012.

When applying, it took a while before I received a call-back. However, the phone interview was more in-depth than I had experienced before.

Upon visiting for the in-person interview, I was onsite for almost 3 hours.

Interview Questions
    There was no room for negotiation.

Mysql Database Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at thePlatform in August 2011.

The process is pretty similar to most other companies. The process started with a telephone screen from human resources to inquire about why you are leaving and what qualifications you have. Upon completion, a technical phone screen with the database engineer was given and then followed with an in person panel interview with some of current database administrators, the database engineer, the technical operations manager, the software development manager, human resources, and a member of the system administrators team.

The in person interview was very technical. Most of the questions asked were responsible and not very difficult. They consisted of design a database and its objects based on some requirements, design of a replication topology, and basic questions how to respond to troubleshooting type issues, i.e. what would you do if a query started taking to long to complete.

For the most part, I found the teams to be very easy going and easy to work with. The company itself seems fairly awesome and cutting edge. I would have definitely love to have been a part of the organization. Sadly, I am a bit relieved that I did not get the position. Most of the people that I encountered seem to be very nice and pleasant. However, I did get the sense in the meeting that a decision had probably already been made before I even showed up for the interview. Two of the interviewees were very distant and did not seem to pay much attention. A few times during the interview these two individuals would ignore me completely and stare at co-workers outside of the interview room. Not a very professional feeling, especially when I had to continually repeat myself.

Interview Questions
    • Describe the different raid systems and what you would use them for?   View Answer

Senior Java Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at thePlatform in November 2010.

Overall a smooth hiring process. Initial contact was with an internal recruiter. Had to fill out a somewhat cumbersome SAP job application, blame thePlatform's parent company Comcast for this, prior to the actual interview process.

Interviewed with 2 individuals in management and a pair of engineers. Relaxed and organized interview process though I wasn't sure how well I was doing at the time. Evidently well enough since I received an offer

The engineering group I'm a part of is a well-managed group of senior-level engineers and QA. Other teams seem to be similar.

Interview Questions
    • Open-ended question about a parking lot. It was purposefully vague to see which direction the interviewee took the problem.   View Answer
    My final offer was only slightly better than my original offer despite my best efforts. Overall the salary figure was a slight drop from my previous job, but the overall benefits package more than compensated for the difference.

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at thePlatform in May 2010.

Read the reviews of the company before I decided to apply and have to say those approval ratings make no sense to me. The entire interview process was a joke starting with the immensely incompetent recruiter who kept rescheduling the interview no less than five times. Then of course there was the final face to face interview. Was interview by several panels of people most of whom did not even introduce themselves. They barked out questions and amazingly one of the hardest people to comprehend happened to be their CTO. I doubt anyone would want to work for a company that makes an interviewee come in at 10:30AM, keeps them there till 4PM without so much as offering them a break for lunch.

Interview Questions
    • Describe the process you would use to model the objects in a parking lot   Answer Question

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days - interviewed at thePlatform in April 2010.

I learned about this job through a friend of my sister, who happened to be a contracted Recruiter for thePlatform at the time. I wasn't necessarily looking for a new job, but after reading the position details (this was for a previous position, not my current role), I became incredibly interested and excited about the opportunity.

I submitted a resume and heard back from the on-staff Recruiter within a few days. We set up an initial phone interview that lasted about 45 minutes - it was actually a really fun experience. Afterward, I was invited in to interview with a team of folks in the Admin and Finance departments.

I was anticipating a panel interview, but was pleasantly surprised with a series of 1:1s. This allowed me to be a bit more relaxed and get to know each of my interviewers a little easier - this is just as important for me as a candidate because I need to know if I am able to work with all of these different personalities, as well.

I was offered the job on the spot - something that had only happened to me once before, and something I don't think is generally typical in the hiring process. I requested a couple of days to consider the offer, which they were totally willing to accommodate. After two days I reached out to accept the offer, and received my offer letter and documents in the mail just two days after the call.

Interview Questions
    • I was shown a photo of a vending machine, and was asked to explain how I would communicate to someone who wasn't a native English speaker the process of using the machine. I was really impressed with the question as it was a creative way to discover a candidate's thought process and communication abilities.   Answer Question

Web Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at thePlatform in January 2009.

First I had two phone interviews: by HR and then by the hiring manager. Then I was invited to interview on site and meet the team members. I interviewed with four people on a 1:1 basis, including the hiring manager who had interviewed me on the phone. No one seemed interested in looking at my design work. Now I realize if they don't look at your work samples, then they don't appreceiate the role of a designer's job. The actual job turned out different to what the interview and job opening described.

Interview Questions

Worked for thePlatform? Contribute to the Community!