thePlatform

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Senior Java Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at thePlatform in November 2010.

Overall a smooth hiring process. Initial contact was with an internal recruiter. Had to fill out a somewhat cumbersome SAP job application, blame thePlatform's parent company Comcast for this, prior to the actual interview process.

Interviewed with 2 individuals in management and a pair of engineers. Relaxed and organized interview process though I wasn't sure how well I was doing at the time. Evidently well enough since I received an offer

The engineering group I'm a part of is a well-managed group of senior-level engineers and QA. Other teams seem to be similar.

Interview Questions
  • Open-ended question about a parking lot. It was purposefully vague to see which direction the interviewee took the problem.   View Answer
My final offer was only slightly better than my original offer despite my best efforts. Overall the salary figure was a slight drop from my previous job, but the overall benefits package more than compensated for the difference.