thebigword

13 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at thebigword in November 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online and received a call from the HR generalist to do introductory screening and schedule an interview. The screening was pretty standard and the interview was scheduled via Skype for the following week. I did not receive a confirmation email and on the day of the interview the interviewer was a no show. I called HR with no reply for some hours; I did receive a call some time later - apparently there was an emergency where the interviewer got stuck and hence couldn't make the call. They rescheduled for the following week again and this time there were technical issues.
The interview itself was pretty standard and half way through it I realized the interviewer was either checking her emails or messaging someone. Later someone else walked in to the room and joined the interview to make it a 'panel' interview of sort.
The whole experience came across as a little on the unprofessional side.

Interview Question – Nothing out of the ordinary   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at thebigword in May 2011.

Interview Details – I was contacted promptly by a Snr Project Manager, who interviewed me over the phone and consequently invited me for an in-person interview. No one followed up with me or acknowledged the in-person.

Interview Question – No unexpected questions, questions were standard. No HR involved.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Interpreter Interview

Interpreter
New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at thebigword in March 2012.

Interview Details – I had one interview with the lady who's in charge of the New York branch. Since the office is inside the NYSE, she requested to meet with me at a Starbucks nearby the building. It was more like an introduction of company and what I'll be doing than a formal interview. I got to ask a lot of questions and she was happy to answer.

Interview Question – Not much... I believe she asked about my previous translation experiences and that was about it.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern
New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at thebigword.

Interview Details – The hiring process consisted of a formal application, an email correspondance in which I was asked for my CV, etc., a phone interview, and an in person interview. The interview itself was casual and I was not asked any overly difficult questions.

Interview Question – What do you offer this company? What do you hope to learn from this internship?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It was an unpaid internship

CCR Interview

CCR
New York, NY

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at thebigword.

Interview Details – only one interview for the whole process. no upper management interview and you will never meet with HR until after hired.

Negotiation Details – not much negotiable, everything was already set in stone it was more a leave or take.

Very Easy Interview

Interpreter Interview

Interpreter
New York, NY

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at thebigword in November 2011.

Interview Details – None - my resume was found on a professional website

No skills test either

Interview Question – none were asked - only what my availability was. This should have been a major RED FLAG!   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I asked for the prefessional rate of $40.00/hour as the profession dictates. I was asked if I would accept $30.00/hr as their client's budgets can't pay $40.00 (b/x because, thebigword has a profit margin to meet - to pay for that EXPENSIVE OFFICE on Wall Street!!!)

Administrative Assistant Interview

Administrative Assistant
New York, NY

I applied through other source and the process took 3 months - interviewed at thebigword.

Interview Details – Meet with H.R. Representative and then a few weeks later met with CCO and EVP.

Marketing Manager Interview

Marketing Manager
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at thebigword in June 2011.

Interview Details – applied online received a call for a 1:1 the next day. The location was further than I initially expected. I had to show ID to enter the building, which no one informed me about. Bring an extra copy of resume, they asked for it. I didn't think the interviewer was adequately equipped to conduct the interview. She didn't really seem to know what to ask in terms of my skills set. Very small office.

Interview Question – What would be your plan when onboarding   Answer Question

Senior Project Manager Interview

Senior Project Manager
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at thebigword in February 2009.

Interview Details – There were a number of questions about the specifics of programs I was familiar with, the type of work I'd been doing and why I was interested in the company and how they work. It was general.

Interview Question – Give an example of a difficult problem you had to deal with.   Answer Question

Technology Graduate/Automation Engineer Interview

Technology Graduate/Automation Engineer
Leeds, England (UK)

I applied online - interviewed at thebigword in July 2014.

Interview Details – First they emailed me with a test which I had to complete within 24 hours. The test covers SQL statements, XML, HTML, file format, MS Access and some other technical questions. Then I had face to face interview with three people. Overall they seemed friendly and welcoming but received no feedback afterwards. I didn't get good feeling with the job and the company itself, looks like there is a lot to do with the job and they will never find a graduate who has knowledge in most of the things they are asking on the job description. Low pay.

Interview Question – Tell me the different between word.doc file and word.docx file formats?   Answer Question

Worked for thebigword? Contribute to the Community!