tree Interview Questions

(Posted anonymously by job candidates)

34 Interview Questions: 110 of 34 Sort by

Feb 19, 2014

Interview Question for Financial Software Developer at Bloomberg L.P.:

“gave me a tree of 3 level and provided me a number that contains the level number and asked me to code a program that would print the nodes on that level in the tree.”

May 19, 2013

Interview Question for Anonymous at Amazon.com:

“Hardest Q was: Here's a binary tree: find the longest path within it. So, find a path between any two leaf nodes, where the path is the longest.”

Apr 25, 2013

Interview Question for Anonymous at National Instruments:

“No unexpected questions. Normally they ask one on hardest problem faced, one on tree search and the one I got was on bit representation of integers, floats etc”

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Dec 4, 2012

Interview Question for Anonymous at Cavium Networks:

“Please describe what are linked list, binary tree and hash table. What are the differences? What's the average number of nodes I should search before I reach my target (Big O)?”

Aug 5, 2012

Interview Question for Anonymous at Facebook:

“Write a function that takes 2 arguments: a binary tree and an integer n, it should return the n-th element in the inorder traversal of the binary tree.”

Jul 3, 2012

Interview Question for Senior Software Development Engineer at Amazon.com:

“Given a trie and a prefix, find the word (in the trie) that starts with some subsequence of the prefix and also has the longest such subsequence.”

Jun 25, 2012

Interview Question for Software Development Engineer at Amazon.com:

“Serialize (flatten) and de-serialize a binary tree. First describe the approach, then write the code.”

Jun 18, 2012

Interview Question for Software Development Engineer at Amazon.com:

“Given a binary tree, convert it into a doubly circular linked list. The structure of the tree was given by the interviewer and also the structure of the doubly circular linked list.”

Jun 8, 2012

Interview Question for Software Engineer at Cerner:

“Complexity of various search algorithms like in
- linked list
- binary tree
- array”

Feb 20, 2012

Interview Question for Anonymous at Pocket Gems:

“How would you check if a binary tree is balanced? Write a program to implement your algorithm.”

Glassdoor is your free inside look at tree interview questions and reviews. All 34 interview questions posted anonymously by employees and interview candidates.