tw telecom

Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Senior Systems Engineer Interview

Senior Systems Engineer

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at tw telecom.

Interview Details – I was interviewed many years ago but I remember it was an involved process, first speaking with the recruiter, then the hiring manager, then a face-to-face interview with the hiring manager, her boss, and several would-be co-workers. But the response was quick (I could an offer the next week).

El Paso, TX

I applied in-person and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at tw telecom.

Interview Details – I called the local manager and told him I was interested in working for him. We had a brief conversation and was asked to apply online. After that it pretty much up to the local manager if you get hired or not.

Interview Question – In my case, I was asked questions related to my experience in the industry. There weren't any hard questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Each market has a cap on base salaries for sales. The emphasis is on commissions.

Account Executive Interview

Account Executive

Interviewed at tw telecom

Interview Details – The interview process was standard. Apply, recruiter calls, sets up interview with local sales manager. Interview, then on to the GM of market. Offer made. Base negotiated. Accepted. Started. Ramp was 6 months.

Negotiation Details – normal

Greensboro, NC

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at tw telecom in May 2012.

Interview Details – Process began with a phone interview using recorded answers. It was awkward, but you can get the answers in advance so answer them before the call and you will be fine. This was followed up by a series of interviews with the sales manager and VP GM. Know the territory you are interviewing for and focus on any contacts you have with prospects in that area.

Interview Question – Other than the odd recorded phone interview to start no difficult or unusal questions. Know the area and players in that area and show your attention to detail.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Sent an offer letter and accepted the salary. the commission is where you will make the most so focus on selling!!

Network Provisioner Interview

Network Provisioner
Greenwood Village, Arapahoe, CO

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at tw telecom in April 2011.

Interview Details – Was referred via employment company and attend a single interview on technical and personal character type of question. Expect lot of technical question by a practicing network engineer/ manager person.

Interview Question – Personal character questions. How do you deal if you are in xyz situations type of question   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not bad

Provisioning Network Analyst Interview

Provisioning Network Analyst
Greenwood Village, CO

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at tw telecom in February 2009.

Interview Details – Took about 3 month from the HR 1st call. Had several interviews.. HR phone interview, HR face to face interview, 2 management interview and colleague interview.

Interview Question – They do ask about basic telecom skill questions about 20~25 questions on how to provision CKTs in each equipments.. "what is TL commend for cross connecting Alcatel DACS?"   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There wasn't really salary negotiation. they offered salary and I had to either accept or decline.

Network Architect Interview

Network Architect
Greenwood Village, CO

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at tw telecom in February 2013.

Interview Details – I hear this can be slow at t-dub but mine was rather fast. Interviewed with the manager and a would-be peer, then again with the whole team. Interviews were run more on the casual side. Then had a phone interview with a recruiter to discuss some benefit specifics. Also had to complete a lot of paperwork - some of it repetitive - in order to get a background check and a drug test.

Interview Question – Not applicable as my questioning was specific to my experience and the requirements for this specific position. Cisco, Juniper, F5, Aruba were products discussed. Firewalls, routing, switching and WAN connectivity as well.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – A salary was discussed with the manager, but the offer came from HR that was a little lower. I requested that the offer be what was initially discussed and the offer came back with that.

Account Executive II

I applied through other source and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at tw telecom.

Interview Details – The interview process is focused on sales philosophy and technical knowledge relative to telecommunications.

Interview Question – If you are a seasoned experienced professional no question is to difficult.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Non negotiable salaries for non managerial positions.

Account Manager Interview

Account Manager
San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at tw telecom in November 2012.

Interview Details – LAME! Did I say LAME? The most boring interview I have ever had in my life. I think they manager was on med's...I left with HIM saying he was stocked to meet me and wanted to get me in there....three week later...they got back to me...such a boring company.

Reason for Declining – You only get one life to live...that's not it.

Sales Executive Interview

Sales Executive
Minneapolis, MN

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at tw telecom in January 2008.

Interview Details – The interview process was swift and very transparent. I had 4 interviews in 2 weeks and was then given the offer. HR was the best I've worked with yet in on-boarding.

Interview Question – Why tw telecom vs. one of the larger carriers?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – The negotiation process was swift and very good.

Worked for tw telecom? Contribute to the Community!