tw telecom Interview Questions

2.8

Sales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Littleton, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Littleton, CO

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at tw telecom.

Be prepared, if you are up against an internal candidate you probably won't get the job regardless of your qualifications or how well you interview. I have had 4 interviews and each time made it to the final 2 but the inernal person got the position. I have personally been told that I was a better fit but it was "political." Hopefully Level3 will do a better job and take external candidates seriously.

Senior Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Denver, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at tw telecom in April 2014.

3 interviews, standard procedure, be very prepared to review your employment history, know your products, have a lot of questions that you will be prepared to ask the person that is interviewing you

Interview Questions
    You can negotiate salary with HR

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Littleton, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Littleton, CO

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days - interviewed at tw telecom in March 2010.

First interview was a phone interview. Second interview consisted of interviewing in person with 4+ engineers and managers. They got into a great level of detail and really probed my knowledge of the technologies that they use. The developers were very knowledgeable in the Microsoft stack of technologies. The projects were using a mix of new and old technologies. The old technologies were on the way out due to system consolidation efforts. The entire staff that interviewed me had 10+ years of tenure each. After the interview I really wanted to work for this company but more importantly with the people.

Interview Questions
    They offered me a salary and it was take it or leave it. Negotiation was not an option.

Senior Systems Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at tw telecom.

I was interviewed many years ago but I remember it was an involved process, first speaking with the recruiter, then the hiring manager, then a face-to-face interview with the hiring manager, her boss, and several would-be co-workers. But the response was quick (I could an offer the next week).

Account Executive II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  El Paso, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Paso, TX

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at tw telecom.

I called the local manager and told him I was interested in working for him. We had a brief conversation and was asked to apply online. After that it pretty much up to the local manager if you get hired or not.

Interview Questions
    • In my case, I was asked questions related to my experience in the industry. There weren't any hard questions.   Answer Question
    Each market has a cap on base salaries for sales. The emphasis is on commissions.

Account Executive Interview

The interview process was standard. Apply, recruiter calls, sets up interview with local sales manager. Interview, then on to the GM of market. Offer made. Base negotiated. Accepted. Started. Ramp was 6 months.

normal

Account Executive II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Greensboro, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greensboro, NC

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 months - interviewed at tw telecom in May 2012.

Process began with a phone interview using recorded answers. It was awkward, but you can get the answers in advance so answer them before the call and you will be fine. This was followed up by a series of interviews with the sales manager and VP GM. Know the territory you are interviewing for and focus on any contacts you have with prospects in that area.

Interview Questions
    • Other than the odd recorded phone interview to start no difficult or unusal questions. Know the area and players in that area and show your attention to detail.   Answer Question
    Sent an offer letter and accepted the salary. the commission is where you will make the most so focus on selling!!

Network Provisioner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Greenwood Village, Arapahoe, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenwood Village, Arapahoe, CO

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at tw telecom in April 2011.

Was referred via employment company and attend a single interview on technical and personal character type of question. Expect lot of technical question by a practicing network engineer/ manager person.

Interview Questions
    • Personal character questions. How do you deal if you are in xyz situations type of question   Answer Question
    Not bad

Provisioning Network Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Greenwood Village, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenwood Village, CO

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 months - interviewed at tw telecom in February 2009.

Took about 3 month from the HR 1st call. Had several interviews.. HR phone interview, HR face to face interview, 2 management interview and colleague interview.

Interview Questions
    • They do ask about basic telecom skill questions about 20~25 questions on how to provision CKTs in each equipments.. "what is TL commend for cross connecting Alcatel DACS?"   View Answer
    There wasn't really salary negotiation. they offered salary and I had to either accept or decline.

Network Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Greenwood Village, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenwood Village, CO

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at tw telecom in February 2013.

I hear this can be slow at t-dub but mine was rather fast. Interviewed with the manager and a would-be peer, then again with the whole team. Interviews were run more on the casual side. Then had a phone interview with a recruiter to discuss some benefit specifics. Also had to complete a lot of paperwork - some of it repetitive - in order to get a background check and a drug test.

Interview Questions
    • Not applicable as my questioning was specific to my experience and the requirements for this specific position. Cisco, Juniper, F5, Aruba were products discussed. Firewalls, routing, switching and WAN connectivity as well.   Answer Question
    A salary was discussed with the manager, but the offer came from HR that was a little lower. I requested that the offer be what was initially discussed and the offer came back with that.

Worked for tw telecom? Contribute to the Community!