tw telecom

2.8

Sales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Littleton, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Littleton, CO

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at tw telecom.

Be prepared, if you are up against an internal candidate you probably won't get the job regardless of your qualifications or how well you interview. I have had 4 interviews and each time made it to the final 2 but the inernal person got the position. I have personally been told that I was a better fit but it was "political." Hopefully Level3 will do a better job and take external candidates seriously.

Senior Systems Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at tw telecom.

I was interviewed many years ago but I remember it was an involved process, first speaking with the recruiter, then the hiring manager, then a face-to-face interview with the hiring manager, her boss, and several would-be co-workers. But the response was quick (I could an offer the next week).

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Paso, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Paso, TX

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at tw telecom.

I called the local manager and told him I was interested in working for him. We had a brief conversation and was asked to apply online. After that it pretty much up to the local manager if you get hired or not.

Interview Questions
    • In my case, I was asked questions related to my experience in the industry. There weren't any hard questions.   Answer Question
    Each market has a cap on base salaries for sales. The emphasis is on commissions.

Account Executive Interview

The interview process was standard. Apply, recruiter calls, sets up interview with local sales manager. Interview, then on to the GM of market. Offer made. Base negotiated. Accepted. Started. Ramp was 6 months.

normal

Senior Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at tw telecom in April 2014.

3 interviews, standard procedure, be very prepared to review your employment history, know your products, have a lot of questions that you will be prepared to ask the person that is interviewing you

Interview Questions
    You can negotiate salary with HR

Account Executive II Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at tw telecom.

The interview process is focused on sales philosophy and technical knowledge relative to telecommunications.

Interview Questions
    • If you are a seasoned experienced professional no question is to difficult.   Answer Question
    Non negotiable salaries for non managerial positions.

Network Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenwood Village, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenwood Village, CO

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at tw telecom in February 2013.

I hear this can be slow at t-dub but mine was rather fast. Interviewed with the manager and a would-be peer, then again with the whole team. Interviews were run more on the casual side. Then had a phone interview with a recruiter to discuss some benefit specifics. Also had to complete a lot of paperwork - some of it repetitive - in order to get a background check and a drug test.

Interview Questions
    • Not applicable as my questioning was specific to my experience and the requirements for this specific position. Cisco, Juniper, F5, Aruba were products discussed. Firewalls, routing, switching and WAN connectivity as well.   Answer Question
    A salary was discussed with the manager, but the offer came from HR that was a little lower. I requested that the offer be what was initially discussed and the offer came back with that.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greensboro, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greensboro, NC

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at tw telecom in May 2012.

Process began with a phone interview using recorded answers. It was awkward, but you can get the answers in advance so answer them before the call and you will be fine. This was followed up by a series of interviews with the sales manager and VP GM. Know the territory you are interviewing for and focus on any contacts you have with prospects in that area.

Interview Questions
    • Other than the odd recorded phone interview to start no difficult or unusal questions. Know the area and players in that area and show your attention to detail.   Answer Question
    Sent an offer letter and accepted the salary. the commission is where you will make the most so focus on selling!!

Security Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenwood Village, Arapahoe, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenwood Village, Arapahoe, CO

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at tw telecom in May 2012.

Initial contact was over the phone with technical skills evaluated. Afterwards, a 1:1 was set up. I arrived for the 1:1 and discovered there was a panel interview, to include the Director of the department. I was questioned on my technical skills as well as work environment likes and dislikes

Telecommunications Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at tw telecom in December 2011.

My online tw telecom application was reviewed promptly and I had a phone interview with the HR representative within a few days, speaking with the hiring manager the following week. I had a face-toface interview the following week. She got back to me two days later, but I was not offered the position. I would have loved to work for this group. Very profession and a very positive atmosphere.