Interview Question

Interview Burlington, VT

what is your salary expectation?

Answer

Interview Answer

3 Answers

what was the salary of the manager I am replacing?

Interview Candidate on Jan 28, 2010

The best answer would be "I'd prefer not to talk about salary yet. Right now I want to make sure we're both a mutual fit for one another" Make sure to have questions at the end of the interview, so you know it's the job you want, and then if they ask instead of offer you should say "I want a salary that works for both of us. What do you think that is?" If they havn't thrown out a number yet, take out your research from Glassdoor.com, Payscale and Salary.com, show them the range and say "While I don't expect you to pay the highest number here, I am a top candidate and I am more valuable than the average number." and then suggest a number between the average and the high salary.

Anonymous on Jun 20, 2012

The two interview questions, below, were clearly a borderline attempt to ask directly-illegal questions pertaining to age and a candidate's family status: 8. Aren't you a little young (old) for this position? - HIRING MANAGER WAS TRYING TO FIND OUT CANDIDATE'S AGE 9. What is your personal life situation? - HIRING MANAGER WAS TRYING TO FIND OUT IF CANDIDATE HAD EITHER CHILDREN OR PERSONAL HEALTH ISSUES THAT WOULD REQUIRE CANDIDATE TO FREQUENTLY ASK FOR TIME OFF People need to know that both federal law and State labor laws prohibit employers from discriminating against potential hires or workers based on age or marital or family status, among other things. These questions by a Hannaford's hiring manager were inappropriate and alarming that they were even asked.

ABWP on Aug 27, 2014

Add Answers or Comments

To comment on this, Sign In or Sign Up.