xG Technology

Negotiation Details – Straight forward and professional

MAC Intern Interview

MAC Intern
Sunrise, FL

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at xG Technology.

Interview Details – The interview process started with a recruiter contacting me with the details of the position and a time slot for a phone interview. Phone interview was purely technical, lasted 1 hour.

Interview Questions

• How will tell if a system is little endian or big endian ?   Answer Question
  • voice over ip and MAC protocols. Everything from engineering basics to advanced knowledge regarding your skills.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate, the manager is very reasonable.
When offered a position, someone from the hiring team will call you before you need to make a decision. Take advantage of that opportunity and ask all the questions that you have. It is very important to like your work.

Firmware Engineer Intern Interview

Firmware Engineer Intern

I applied online - interviewed at xG Technology in March 2013.

Interview Details – around 45 min phone interview.

Started with asking about my project, then questioned about FPGA and verilog skills.

Also sent c code through white board sharing and asked working. Mostly basic questions

Interview Question – use of data structures in c and unique way of implementing them. provided me with a code for a linked list and a very unique way of removing the nodes. and asked me for the output.   Answer Question

MAC Simulation Intern Interview

MAC Simulation Intern
Sunrise, FL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at xG Technology in May 2011.

Interview Details – Phone interview; position was for simulating a novel protocol in ns-2; Straightforward process and got offer in a week.

Interview Question – Which part of the memory is allocated by malloc?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate; The manager is good and reasonable.

Wireless Protocols Interview

Wireless Protocols
Fort Lauderdale, FL

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at xG Technology in May 2010.

Interview Details – Got an email for setting up a telephonic interview. Interview lasted from about 1.5 hrs. Full resume analysis and questions on projects. Covered various topics in Wireless protocols, RF front end, MAC protocols, TCP/IP UDP. C programming questions on a shared document and questions were on linked lists, bit manipulations, tress. Some multi threading questions.

Interview Question – Describe differences between TCP and UDP   View Answer

Negotiation Details – NA

Engineering Interview

Engineering

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at xG Technology in July 2008.

Interview Details – I was approached by the hiring manager for an interview. There was to be only a phone interview.

Interview Question – The interview was for a DSP algorithm design engineer. The questions were related to FPGA design. All the questions were of moderate difficulty and nothing was unexpected or particularly too difficult.   Answer Question

Worked for xG Technology? Contribute to the Community!