xG Technology Interview Questions

Updated Mar 30, 2014
Updated Mar 30, 2014

3.4

Vice President - Sales Interview

Hiring policy was well defined and executed by policy

Straight forward and professional

MAC Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Sunrise, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunrise, FL

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at xG Technology.

The interview process started with a recruiter contacting me with the details of the position and a time slot for a phone interview. Phone interview was purely technical, lasted 1 hour.

Interview Questions
    • How will tell if a system is little endian or big endian ?   Answer Question
    • voice over ip and MAC protocols. Everything from engineering basics to advanced knowledge regarding your skills.   Answer Question
    I did not negotiate, the manager is very reasonable.
    When offered a position, someone from the hiring team will call you before you need to make a decision. Take advantage of that opportunity and ask all the questions that you have. It is very important to like your work.

Firmware Engineer Intern Interview

I applied online - interviewed at xG Technology in March 2013.

around 45 min phone interview.

Started with asking about my project, then questioned about FPGA and verilog skills.

Also sent c code through white board sharing and asked working. Mostly basic questions

Interview Questions
    • use of data structures in c and unique way of implementing them. provided me with a code for a linked list and a very unique way of removing the nodes. and asked me for the output.   Answer Question

MAC Simulation Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Sunrise, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunrise, FL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at xG Technology in May 2011.

Phone interview; position was for simulating a novel protocol in ns-2; Straightforward process and got offer in a week.

Interview Questions
    • Which part of the memory is allocated by malloc?   View Answer
    I did not negotiate; The manager is good and reasonable.

Wireless Protocols Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at xG Technology in May 2010.

Got an email for setting up a telephonic interview. Interview lasted from about 1.5 hrs. Full resume analysis and questions on projects. Covered various topics in Wireless protocols, RF front end, MAC protocols, TCP/IP UDP. C programming questions on a shared document and questions were on linked lists, bit manipulations, tress. Some multi threading questions.

Interview Questions
    • Describe differences between TCP and UDP   View Answer
    NA

Engineering Interview

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at xG Technology in July 2008.

I was approached by the hiring manager for an interview. There was to be only a phone interview.

Interview Questions
    • The interview was for a DSP algorithm design engineer. The questions were related to FPGA design. All the questions were of moderate difficulty and nothing was unexpected or particularly too difficult.   Answer Question

Worked for xG Technology? Contribute to the Community!