xpedx Interview Questions

Updated May 1, 2014
Updated May 1, 2014

2.7

Customer Service Representative Interview

interviewed at xpedx in April 2014.

Was very professional and through.

Interview Questions
    • How would you explain what the internet is to an 8 year old   Answer Question

Warehouse Worker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Harrisburg, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Harrisburg, PA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at xpedx.

Temp service to work here full time.
    Sometimes you can work by applying at xpedx.

50 cent shift differential

IT Business Specialist III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Loveland, OH

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at xpedx in November 2013.

Initial screening with recruiter regarding my resume, exp, etc. Followed by a phone interview with IT Director and Team Lead followed by a face to face interview with the IT Director and Team Lead

Interview Questions
    No negotiation phase - offer was fair.

Data Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Loveland, OH

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at xpedx.

Applied and the next day I was contacted by the manager for an in person interview. The interviewer did a lot of talking making it difficult to explain why I was qualified for the position. No difficult questions it seemed like they were really just observing me and trying to get a feel for who I was. One week after the interview I got an offer and then two days later they rescinded the offer due to "concerns" no elaboration past that even when I asked the manager via phone

Offer was rescinded

Sales Representatives Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at xpedx in February 2013.

applied online, was contacted by HR recruiting

Packaging Sales Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at xpedx.

Applied in November 2012 and never heard anything back until late December. HR emailed me a sales question sheet asking me basic sales role questions like "How do you go about finding leads?" and a few others. Never heard anything back until mid January when the the recruiter emailed me the same form (again) and told me about the position which was outside sales with a car allowance and salary. I then went to an interview with the local Sales Manager which was an absolute nightmare.....She was late to her interview with me and said she hadn't put a "1" in front of 1:30...Nice....Then she proceeded to tell me a little about the job and then just sat there and stared at me with a blank look for the entire interview. She never asked one question about me or my experience. I decided to keep the conversation rolling and asked her about the car allowance and she said, "There isn't one." Then, I asked her about the salary and she said there isn't one of those either....."It's straight commission". Finally, I asked her what the average commission was for her team and she said "I can't answer that". Complete waste of oxygen, not to mention my time. I called the recruiter afterward and told her that the manager contradicted everything in regards to salary (none) and car allowance (none) and seemed to be agitated by the whole interview.. The recruiter played dumb and said she would get back to me on all of this and said it was news to her. The next thing I ever received was a turn-down email and no returned phone calls from her about the discrepancies. I honestly expected better from International Paper. Sad waste of time and poor local management here and a poor recruiting team that doesn't know anything about there company or positions or salary. Why do this to someone?? Be up front with applicants and stop wasting people's time.

Supply Chain Warehouse Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at xpedx in October 2012.

talked to and met them on campus at a career fair, then scheduled an interview. they were very fun and had a blast with the interview

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, SC

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at xpedx in October 2012.

Submitted resume online for position in Columbia, SC. Granted interview almost immediately based on my qualifications and work history. Met with Regional Sales Manager and Regional Business Director (NEW). There was a 20 year age gap between the two which presented a varying degree of on and off topic discussion.

Interview Questions
    • Surprisingly it was my question that was the most unexpected. During the course of the interview, I accidentally exposed that what they advertised for in the position posting was quite "embellished." When I asked for them to define what it was they sold, you could have heard crickets.   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at xpedx in March 2012.

Intitially contacted by corporate recruiter. 2 phone interviews with recruiter. 3 in-person interviews.. all over 2 hours. Could have been more but I had additional job offers and put pressure on them. Communication was good during process. If going into sales, you will most likely be forced to sign a non-compete agreement. Please do your due diligence and have an Employment Attorney review this document before you sign. If you decide to leave xpedx, they will make it nearly impossible to find work within 100 mile radius of their location.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you think you can make it in the distribution business?   View Answer
    Went quickly. Initial offer was very solid. My main hangup was the non-compete agreement they wanted me to sign. I would not sign a non-compete agreement if you are considering working for xpedx. At the very least, have your own Employment Attorney look at the document before you sign.

Packaging Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Paso, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Paso, TX

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at xpedx in July 2010.

My interview process took about a month from initial interview to final offer. My first interview was with the Sales Manager which took about an hour covering topics of ROI, GP, EBIT, customer values, customer situations, etc. The next interview was 3 interviewers separate rooms in which we were given 20 minutes with each interviewer. Sales Manager, Sales Representative and Branch Manager were involved.

Interview Questions
    No room for negotiations...take it or leave it.