xpedx

3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Sales Representative Interview

Sales Representative

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at xpedx in March 2012.

Interview Details – Intitially contacted by corporate recruiter. 2 phone interviews with recruiter. 3 in-person interviews.. all over 2 hours. Could have been more but I had additional job offers and put pressure on them. Communication was good during process. If going into sales, you will most likely be forced to sign a non-compete agreement. Please do your due diligence and have an Employment Attorney review this document before you sign. If you decide to leave xpedx, they will make it nearly impossible to find work within 100 mile radius of their location.

Interview Question – Why do you think you can make it in the distribution business?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Went quickly. Initial offer was very solid. My main hangup was the non-compete agreement they wanted me to sign. I would not sign a non-compete agreement if you are considering working for xpedx. At the very least, have your own Employment Attorney look at the document before you sign.

Sales Representatives Interview

Philadelphia, PA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at xpedx in February 2013.

Interview Details – applied online, was contacted by HR recruiting

Interview Question – very casual, conversation sytle interview   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Sales Representative
Columbia, SC

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at xpedx in October 2012.

Interview Details – Submitted resume online for position in Columbia, SC. Granted interview almost immediately based on my qualifications and work history. Met with Regional Sales Manager and Regional Business Director (NEW). There was a 20 year age gap between the two which presented a varying degree of on and off topic discussion.

Interview Question – Surprisingly it was my question that was the most unexpected. During the course of the interview, I accidentally exposed that what they advertised for in the position posting was quite "embellished." When I asked for them to define what it was they sold, you could have heard crickets.   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for xpedx? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at xpedx Sales Representative interview questions and advice. All 3 interview reviews posted anonymously by xpedx employees and interview candidates.