yoox.com Interview Questions

Updated Dec 20, 2014

3.3

Front-End Web Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at yoox.com in July 2013.

Interview

You probably are dealing with a consultancy agency for a position in YOOX: cheer up! if you prove yourself reliable and competent you have great chances to be employed by the company after 1-4 years.

They usually ask devs to complete a test: code a simple html/css/js project (usually 1 web page) starting from a doc and a psd.
    1. READ CAREFULLY the rules and guidelines before you start coding.
    2. use the most recent best practices, don't over-use js frameworks and keep your code clean.
    3. comment your code. It will be examined.

After the test, an interview is scheduled, usually with HR *and* the tech team. Expect questions based on your code (why did you do things in that way). If you have a tech-related blog/twitter/github page it will be considered a plus. HR asks usually motivational questions.

Be open, friendly and let them know your skills but also the kind of person you are (hobbies, interests, music tastes...)

If you know you are good and up-to-date, you can ask for a little more than what you'd accept. I'd recommend it because it won't be easy to increase the salary afterwards.

Interview Questions

• Do you have a blog, Twitter or GitHub?   1 Answer

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a weekinterviewed at yoox.com (New York, NY) in October 2010.

Interview

Since Yoox.com is a high-end fashion related company, I dressed accordingly with high heels. When I got to the company, I realized everybody was dressed in casual clothing and I felt very over done, which is better than the other way around. A staffing agency set me up with the interview and so I had no contact with the interviewer beforehand. When I had the interview, the interviewer was nice and accommodating. She asked me about my past experiences and what my future goals were. I am a marketing major, so she asked why I wanted to do Customer Service. Afterward, I waited almost 20 minutes to do a conference call with the manager who is stationed in Italy. After the short interview, I was given a project to complete a presentation. They gave me a week to complete, and after I submitted it, I got a confirmation email and that was it. I checked back a few times, and no response.

Interview Questions

• What was the most difficult customer service experience you had and why?   Answer Question

Marketing & Communication Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at yoox.com in July 2007.

Interview

it was a 1:1 interview with the PR manager.