Alliant Technologies – Morristown, NJ
• Design, deploy and support enterprise networks and systems worldwide. • Work with Microsoft, VMWare, Netapp, Cisco or other products in a wide… CareerBuilder
“Worst move of my career.... H1-B shop.. Don't go by positive review, reality is completely different!!!! ”
- Comp & Benefits
- Work/Life Balance
- Senior Management
- Culture & Values
- Career Opportunities
I have been working at Alliant Technologies full-time for more than a yearPros
There are no positives about it at all...Cons
Company policy is to hire only H1-Bs so they can keep salaries low. If you join Alliant you will get your 1st raise/review not before 2 years work anniversary and that too if you are lucky. You have to virtually beg them. Only management and sales makes money. Only place I have seen where there are VPs who has no direct reports. The number of VPs they have, you'll see it for a 1000+ employees, not for less than 100 employees. Engineers are least paid guys, at least 30k below market pay. There is no voice in engineering, manager has no power, no more than a fancy resource manager. So to sum it up...
- No raises/reviews, unless you beg.. especially if you are in engineering.
- Work nights/weekends/long weekends - no compensation for it.. It is expected from you.
- No pre sales commission if you helped to close a sale. Engineers are not entitled for commission as they don't deserve it and that is as per management. My 1st experience of this kind compared to other partners I have worked.
- No training what soever. You'll loose your touch with technology as their projects are small and not challenging.
- As per management they don't make money, isn't it strange, so how can they keep their doors open.
- Way too much politics for a small company.
- Everyone in the company knows the problem, but they pretend that all is good. If anonymous poll is taken, management will see real sentiment of the company.
Stay away, economy is not as bad that you have to work for Alliant. Hang in and find something better.... As I said earlier, reality is completely different once you join, specially for engineering and help desk.Advice to ManagementAdvice
Management who? Just one comment - Changing your identity does not change your values...Doesn't RecommendNegative OutlookDisapproves of CEO