No jobs found – change your filters above for more results
1 person found this helpful
- Comp & Benefits
- Work/Life Balance
- Senior Management
- Culture & Values
- Career Opportunities
I worked at AlphaGraphics full-time (more than 3 years)Pros
1. Have a good working environment among team members, despite below average wages.
2. Small warm close-knit, family-owned franchise (Pittsburgh branch), no room for career advancement however.
3. Great way for inexperienced fresh graduates to learn hands-on.Cons
1. Workload issue, no proper traffic control. There will be times when the workload will be more than three people's job in one. Then performance will be affected and you will bear the responsibility. This is mostly because hiring new candidates takes a great deal of time, related to issue 2. below.
2. Very slow hiring process. Recruitment is done by their HQ in Salt Lake City, UT. After the initial screening it may take months before the local offices that the candidate wishes to be hired or even be contacted. A lot of bureaucracy involved. This affects building the existing team when previous ones resign. We lost a few good candidates this way.
3. Unprofessional manner of communication among staff, vendors and new hires. Most of the senior management are connected in some way to the owners. Those who are not, were hired fresh and were not given the proper foundation or experience as a professional company would.
4. Below average salary or wages, and mediocre benefits (if any). E.g. Graphic Designers aren't really valued. Benefits are primarily for the seniors management.
5. Poor support from HQ to local franchise owners.Advice to ManagementAdvice
Shape up. Look after your staff and the people who support your business. Have less disconnect between HQ and local operations.Doesn't RecommendNegative OutlookDisapproves of CEO