Arco AmPm

ampm.com

Arco AmPm Jobs & Careers in San Diego, CA

Hiring? Post a Job
8 job openings Back to all jobs

Show:  All Results Last 7 Days
30+ days ago

Other - Science

BP Americas, Inc. San Diego, CA

. Everyone will go through a thorough training and development program where youll have a structured induction, access to a buddy and mentor… Beyond.com


30+ days ago

Rocky Mountain Rendezvous

BP Americas, Inc. San Diego, CA

. Everyone will go through a thorough training and development program where youll have a structured induction, access to a buddy and mentor… Beyond.com


30+ days ago

American Association of Petroleum Geologists (AAPG) Events

BP Americas, Inc. San Diego, CA

. Everyone will go through a thorough training and development program where youll have a structured induction, access to a buddy and mentor… Beyond.com


30+ days ago

Other - Engineering

BP Americas, Inc. San Diego, CA

. Everyone will go through a thorough training and development program where youll have a structured induction, access to a buddy and mentor… Beyond.com


30+ days ago

National Society of Black Engineers (NSBE) Conference

BP Americas, Inc. San Diego, CA

. Everyone will go through a thorough training and development program where youll have a structured induction, access to a buddy and mentor… Beyond.com


30+ days ago

Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers (SHPE) Conference

BP Americas, Inc. San Diego, CA

. Everyone will go through a thorough training and development program where youll have a structured induction, access to a buddy and mentor… Beyond.com


30+ days ago

Society of Women Engineers (SWE) Conference

BP Americas, Inc. San Diego, CA

. Everyone will go through a thorough training and development program where youll have a structured induction, access to a buddy and mentor… Beyond.com


30+ days ago

University of Michigan - Engineering

BP Americas, Inc. San Diego, CA

. Everyone will go through a thorough training and development program where youll have a structured induction, access to a buddy and mentor… Beyond.com


Arco AmPm Photos

Welcome to Arco AmPm

+ Add Photo

Arco AmPm Reviews

24 Reviews
2.8
24 Reviews
Rating Trends

Recommend to a friend
Approve of CEO
Arco AmPm Chairman & President Lamar McKay
Lamar McKay
3 Ratings
  •  

    Change in ownership, should have been a 4 star rating

    • Comp & Benefits
    • Work/Life Balance
    • Senior Management
    • Culture & Values
    • Career Opportunities
    Former Employee - Cashier in Vacaville, CA
    Former Employee - Cashier in Vacaville, CA

    I worked at Arco AmPm full-time (less than an year)

    Pros

    This job was actually pretty good at first. Back then I could imagine staying with the company for 1+ years. My coworkers were all friendly and the manager was the sweetest. When I first started working there, I went to school and they were more than willing to work around my schedule without docking my hours. We got one free snack and fountain drinks were free if you had your own cup (they gave me one for free on my first day). Some customers can be really crabby about policies that employees can't really help (ampm doesn't take credit... things like that), but the regulars were awesome and they really appreciated the work put in. The jobs were pretty easy, mostly cleaning and cashier work. We worked in pairs, so if one person stayed at the register, I could complete 90% of the jobs in 2 hours (the other 10% being cooler work which took me an hour or so to do). If you had any questions, the manager or a more experienced employee could help out.

    Cons

    We had a change in ownership and things went wrong. He tried having us do things that were against health code violations to save himself some money and the employees not willing to break those violations were penalized. He had us do things like toss out the salad bar once every 2 or 3 days and the bakery stuff cooked friday morning was supposed to stay in there till monday morning. I was considered one of the hardest working employees and I took the time to learn how to fix things, what secret shoppers look for, what the health inspector looked for, I was more than willing to work 16 hour shifts, and I did cleaning jobs no one else did; my hours got cut from 40-60 hours a week to 4 hours a week. He also took away the 1 free meal from us.

    Advice to ManagementAdvice

    The specific AmPm I worked at, the owner clearly doesn't know the difference between an "owner" and a "manager". He fired our manager for his own mistakes and took over her job.

    Recommends
    Neutral Outlook
    No opinion of CEO

Work at Arco AmPm? Share Your Experiences

Arco AmPm

 
Click to Rate
or