AutoTrader.com – Atlanta, GA
The role of Senior Data Analyst will utilize industry standard tools and query languages to lead the collection, analysis and… Glassdoor
1 person found this helpful
- Comp & Benefits
- Work/Life Balance
- Senior Management
- Culture & Values
- Career Opportunities
I have been working at AutoTrader full-time (more than 5 years)Pros
• Fast growing with existing advancements each year.
• Plenty of growth opportunity is most departments.
• Employee feedback matters.
• Plenty of industry and job related in-house courses and advancement programs.
• Most executives are accessible, involved and pleasant.
• The company is still new to being "BIG", so the family atmosphere is still there.
• Amazing benefits.
• Company loves and encourages "shadowing" and mentorships for career progressions.Cons
• Many of the "needed" internal technical changes take years to launch.
• Communication across departments is mediocre, so emergency/reactive solutions are abundant.
• While the higher levels of leadership are of very high quality, middle and lower leadership often lack general and technical knowledge of the "trades" their managing. This problem leaves unaddressed opportunities a struggle to pursue and constant distractions from ego conflicts.Advice to ManagementAdvice
Within the technical departments (such as IT, Design, CMS teams), employ and promote individuals that have high knowledge and interest in the respective trades. For those who are currently managing technical groups, without knowledge of said trades, provide and require them to learn more about these industries outside of AutoTrader.com through external courses and seminars. If needed, bring in an outside consultant that knows more about these industries to help [you] gain more clarity for potential candidates. The work of the team will suffer if the leader is without experience and passion for the subject matter.Doesn't RecommendPositive OutlookApproves of CEO