No jobs found – change your filters above for more results
- Comp & Benefits
- Work/Life Balance
- Senior Management
- Culture & Values
- Career Opportunities
I worked at BWIR full-time (more than an year)Pros
My review is stricly regarding the Controls and embedded solutions practise in the chennai office(Barry wehmiller International,previously BWIR)
The company gives job opporutnity to fresh graduates by conducting campus interview and to winners of design
competition called the Design ACE.
You will get oppotunity to travel abroad though for short term.Cons
I worked as a softwar engineer in the controls & embedded division which was a new venture.
1.Without resources, they bagged project and ended up in a mess. Always depended on contact resources so that they can send them back when required.
2. No proper vision.Some people in the senior management are highly unprofessional.
3. Had a tough time to get releived from the company. No formal acceptance of resignation.No proper defintion of notice period. Very hawkish,unprofesssional behaviour even in the HR department(called CPD here).
4. Also the office environment is very poor. No proper chair to sit and work. I have myself seen one of my colleague falling down.AC's dont work and you need to depend on pedestal fan which also difficult to get.
5. The company will change its policies as and when they deem it necessary to cut off cost,especially their travel policy.
6. The company projects itself as a pioneer in Leadership quality. Maybe this is true for the corporate office at USA, but for the chennai office,I would beg to differ.Advice to ManagementAdvice
Please take care of employees first. No use it just talking about leadership, showcase them. The company says "We measure success by the way we touch the lives of people.” which is good to hear and promising,but when it comes to practicality its just contradicting. If the management can overcome all these, then they can be a sure winner.Doesn't RecommendPositive OutlookApproves of CEO