No jobs found – change your filters above for more results
Balboa Capital Photos
- Comp & Benefits
- Work/Life Balance
- Senior Management
- Culture & Values
- Career Opportunities
I worked at Balboa CapitalPros
Like the rest of the reviews have stated, it is in a nice location surrounded by other financial firms.
1. You have the flexibility to basically do your own schedule throughout the day as long as you make all your calls.
2. As long as you make your calls, it's an ok job for $30,000/yr.
3. Management and coworkers were friendly and approachable, and they seem somewhat willing to help you out.
4. Made up of mostly new or young college grads. People there are personable to an extent.
5. I would recommend it to someone who probably just needs some extra cash until they find something better, but if you got a degree or a higher paying opportunity, jump the ship to the next best thing asap.Cons
1. Just sitting at your desk for the 8 hours cold calling, and god forbid you take a break during their "power hour".
2. There does not seem to be much room for advancement. Spoke to many people and most of them couldn't recall someone being there long enough to get promoted.
3. High-turnover rate. Low Commission structure (from what I heard. I was never told the commission rate or structure, which was kind of weird because every time it was brought up, the subject would be changed).
4. Found some of the team emails to be demoralizing. I recall a couple of them starting off with headlines similar to "If You Don't Make Your Calls, Please Submit Your Resignation" followed by a list of employees who probably fell short of their 100+ calls by like two or ten calls.
5. Young Management that at times would curse at employees out on the floor instead of speaking with them privately.Advice to ManagementAdvice
Management already knows. Look at other reviews.RecommendsNeutral OutlookNo opinion of CEO