Baylor Health Care System
No jobs found – change your filters above for more results
Baylor Health Care System Photos
1 person found this helpful
- Comp & Benefits
- Work/Life Balance
- Senior Management
- Culture & Values
- Career Opportunities
I have been working at Baylor Health Care System full-time (more than a year)Pros
The other nurses on my unit were fantastic. It has been a great team and I always knew I could count on every one of them to support and help out in emergency situations.Cons
1. Upper management has created a culture of lying to employees to keep them from quitting.
2. Management makes decisions about changes to patient care without asking the nurses and doctors how the changes will affect the level of patient care.
3. Supplies are inadequately maintained and are of poor quality.
4. Equipment is not well maintained.
5. Safe staffing is not prioritized; nurses are often left to be a nurse, a secretary, and a scrub tech b/c the company refuses to hire someone to do those jobs. This takes nurses away from the bedside, making the environment unsafe for patient care.
6. Night shift is ignored. The cafeteria is closed at night. Mandatory meetings are scheduled in the middle of the day, and are scheduled only once forcing the night shift to wake up in the middle of their "night" to come in.Advice to ManagementAdvice
Pay attention to employee feedback. If we tell you something you have done is not safe, take heed and act on it quickly.
Communicate openly and honestly so that rumors will not develop, and so that the employees feel like we can trust what you tell us.
Don't ignore the night shift. We keep this hospital running and the patients alive when the doctors are all at home sleeping.Doesn't RecommendNegative Outlook