Blurb – San Francisco, CA
The platform team at Blurb builds the core APIs and services that power Blurb's digital and print creation tools on the web, mobile phone and… Glassdoor
- Comp & Benefits
- Work/Life Balance
- Senior Management
- Culture & Values
- Career Opportunities
I worked at Blurb full-time for more than a yearPros
- The people, the people, the people. Blurb is comprised of 100+ of the strongest/smartest people I've ever worked with, and who know the benefits of remaining calm and pushing forward.
- The product. It is difficult in this day and age to find a company so on top of the digital side, as well as the tangible product. Holding a Blurb book in your hand makes all the hard work well worth it.
- The overall environment. I've never been so happy and stress-free in walking in to an office every morning. There is little in the way of office politics, everyone is super friendly, and management is understanding that work life is not your whole life.Cons
- Internal advancement. Though the job market may be hot and the market flooded with candidates, I'd encourage Blurb to look at internal resources before jumping to hire outside. Additionally, work hard to make sure the folks who have been with Blurb for a while feel like they're moving forward.Advice to ManagementAdvice
- To both upper management and those reporting in to them, communication is key. Always be sure that your reports/superiors are having the same conversations in their meetings as you are in yours.RecommendsNeutral OutlookApproves of CEO