Booz Allen Hamilton
Booz Allen – Washington, DC
Key Role: Provide radiological and nuclear (rad/nuc) expertise to a federal client with program management support services. Provide advice and… Booz Allen
Graphics Designer – new
Booz Allen – Springfield, VA
Key Role: Support the client in determining product type or presentation of graphics and other visual communications and design and produce these… Booz Allen
Booz Allen Hamilton Photos
21 people found this helpful
- Comp & Benefits
- Work/Life Balance
- Senior Management
- Culture & Values
- Career Opportunities
I have been working at Booz Allen Hamilton full-time (more than 5 years)Pros
- Big, shiny object on your resume
- Lots of firm-wide emails meant to boost your morale about the latest benefit cut
- Hoteling implementation has led to lots of Working From Home (avoiding the treacherous DC area commute)
- Still buys out Kings Dominion once a year for Employee Appreciation Day (amazingly this perk has outlived quality health care plans)Cons
- A sinking giant in Federal "Consulting" in full cost-cutting mode after recent IPO. The stock is doing well b/c the employees aren't.
- Extremely poor raises (promotion and non-promotion) in the last 2+ years
- Reduction of once amazing 401k program to slightly above average 401k program
- Change to all high deductible health plans (with super high premiums) and emails from management about how this is a good thing
- Switched to the full Federal holiday schedule which resulted in zero floating holidays (was 2), no Black Friday holiday, and a reduction in PTO.
- Ability to switch projects not on par with other true consulting firms (lots of boring staff augmentation type roles with little mobility)
- Top talent leaving the firm to work at better places.
- Changes structure/organization/quirky catch phrase ALL the time - seriously why even try any more?
- All of the above is resulting in the firm losing its prestige and sinking QUICKLY. Booz Allen used to be a very respected place to to build your career, now its just...a place to work until you find something else.Advice to ManagementAdvice
Sell the company now and cash out while you can - this sucker is going down with you "titans of industry" at the wheel!Doesn't RecommendNegative OutlookDisapproves of CEO