No jobs found – change your filters above for more results
- Comp & Benefits
- Work/Life Balance
- Senior Management
- Culture & Values
- Career Opportunities
I worked at Carle Hospital as an intern for less than a yearPros
1. Carle is a great place for University of Illinois students to get experience they need for future jobs.
2. Discount in the gift shop and cafeteria.
3. Great place to learn a lot about the health care system
4. On the bus lineCons
1. Carle employees are not allowed to give recommendations or referrals (some weird internal company policy). This is really unfortunate for interns.
2. A lot of people in my office were really unhappy with upper level management
3. In some locations, employees have to pay for parking or have to park off-site and take a shuttle to the Carle campus.
4. Some office buildings are really junky. For example, the Engineering office is in a trailer and Operations is in a renovated garage.
5. INTERNS ARE UNPAID.
6. Full-time employees in my department complained that sick leave/vacation time were taken from the same "pool".
7. Carle has few incentives or employee appreciation initiatives/events. Those in non-clinical areas are not rewarded for their hard work.Advice to ManagementAdvice
Consider giving performance bonuses and actually giving a salary review when it's due.
AIDET is silly.RecommendsNeutral OutlookNo opinion of CEO