Clarity Consulting Photos
2 people found this helpful
- Comp & Benefits
- Work/Life Balance
- Senior Management
- Culture & Values
- Career Opportunities
I have been working at Clarity Consulting full-time (more than a year)Pros
* Clarity Consulting has an outstanding "make your own way" philosophy and focus. There is no reporting hierarchy, you don't have a "boss", and there is no waiting for your superior to get promoted so you can get promoted. Work hard and make a name for yourself, and you will be given more responsibility and more rewards. Those rewards are truly merit-based.
* Everyone is a "real" person. There are no corporate figureheads. As a software developer, you won't find yourself reporting to a non-technical person that doesn't "get" the problems you face. Your leaders change with every project, but they are always people that have been in the position you are in.
* Freedom to grow, and resources to support it. You choose what you want to learn, and you have a personal budget to determine how to do it.
* Peers are first-class. Interviews are done by peers, which means that new hires are people you want to work with. There are no "anchors" on the team, just smart people eager to work hard and improve just like you.Cons
* Consulting has it's negatives, just like it does at any consulting firm. You might have to drive further than you would like during the course of a project, or you might work on a project that isn't very interesting for you personally. Sometimes project teams get into, "just get it done" mode, and the work suffers.
* "Make your own way" can be a challenge, and isn't for everyone. If you aren't willing to work hard (even in your free time), attend company functions, and make a name for yourself, you will have a hard time earning newer and more exciting roles.RecommendsPositive Outlook