Consolidated Electrical Distributors Inc – Danbury, CT
Looking for an energetic and driven sales representative interested in the renewable energy market to develop new and existing customers in said… Consolidated Electrical Distributors Inc
Consolidated Electrical Distributors, Inc. – Denver, CO
~~Credit serves our profit centers and customers by managing the credit extension and collection process. The primary role of… Consolidated Electrical Distributors, Inc.
1 person found this helpful
- Comp & Benefits
- Work/Life Balance
- Senior Management
- Culture & Values
- Career Opportunities
I have been working at Consolidated Electrical full-time (more than 3 years)Pros
- Excellent training provided
- Friendly work environment
- Decent benefits
- Opportunity to deal with people from all over the country regardless of position or location.
- In general, your coworkers will be hard-working, smart, industrious and helpful people.
- Management is responsive to most matters outside of compensation.Cons
- Difficulties with advancement and career progression due to extremely flat corporate structure.
- Nepotism is a real problem
- Unless you are in a commissioned sales position, pay is lower than market average.
- A large portion of your paycheck is tied to "profit-sharing." This is essentially a bonus program that rewards you based on how the company did that year along with your manager's evaluation of your performance. This makes annual pay levels a bit difficult to predict as you could have an excellent year, but if sales are down, so is your paycheck and the "profit-sharing" is just not there to reward you.
- The company also utilizes "profit-sharing" as the way of granting "raises." Base-pay increases are extremely rare regardless of position in the company.Advice to ManagementAdvice
- Office/Company culture is currently in an excellent place, work to maintain that.
- Consider moving pay up to a competitive level within the industry. I believe it will go a long way towards personnel retention and acquiring top talent.RecommendsPositive OutlookNo opinion of CEO