In order to show you the most relevant results, we have omitted some entries very similar to the ones already displayed. To see more, consider refining your search term or location.
- Comp & Benefits
- Work/Life Balance
- Senior Management
- Culture & Values
- Career Opportunities
I worked at Domino's full-time (less than a year)Pros
- Great experience for customer service; for using phones at work. You get comfortable speaking to strangers and handling a large variety of situations in the workplace.
- If you've got the right car for it and don't mind tacking some miles on awfully quick, drivers can make a pretty awesome pay in a day. I've made over 100 dollars in a 6 hour shift before.
- Honestly, the pizza was awesome.
- Management was passionate about positive reinforcement, which led to the whole staff being eager to work and overall in a great mood.Cons
- Delivery driving is really, really detrimental to your car. I started as a driver and quickly switched to customer service rep after realizing how many miles I could burn through in a day. Great money as a driver, on the bright side.
- Rushes can be extremely stressful.Advice to ManagementAdvice
Management was amazing at both locations I worked at. They were super energetic and positive and not in the cringing way that a lot of "fast food" management is. They also were eager to cross-train and encourage anybody who wanted to learn and took a lot of note in people who went the extra mile and made sure to try to reward them.RecommendsNeutral OutlookApproves of CEO