No jobs found – change your filters above for more results
Edward Jones Photos
- Comp & Benefits
- Work/Life Balance
- Senior Management
- Culture & Values
- Career Opportunities
I worked at Edward Jones full-time for more than a yearPros
If you show them you want it and there are others that can see it then you are supported. I failed the series 7 the first time and was allowed to take it again. That is a rare occasion and is not advertised. Over 50% of those that tested failed and were not allowed to move on.
Plus I had almost no out of pocket expenses. The licenses, training program, prospecting kit, postage stamps, marketing material, use of an office, a laptop, and even a secretary were all provided to me.
The FORCES Program. Little people qualify and just as many know how it works. Simply it is an extended training program with more support. Traditional trainees get about 2.5 months I got 6 months. Other things I got that the traditional trainees don't get:
1. Study at an Edward Jones office. An existing office with an FA, BOA, and working space.
2. (No longer offered) the GI Bill while I am studying up til can sell. I received a supplement ($1000/mo) to my training pay of $15/hr.
3. Branch training period of 7-10 weeks depending if you need to retake the Series 66. Time you can do modules, observe appointments with an FA, sit with the BOA, study for the insurance exam, and misc task.
4. Extended prospecting time. Traditional trainees get about 7 weeks, I got 8. Doesn't look like much but the traditional track has to fit in the modules, insurance exam, and appointment observations along with getting prospects. I did that during branch training so all I had to do was prospect.
5. Guaranteed Salary. The FORCES trainees upon can sell get an income guarantee of $6000 for 6 months. We have commission goals to keep in pace with but regardless get the income. We only get bonuses for new assets.Cons
Its their way or the highway. You have to do it their way, face to face as they call it. If you're not with them, you're against them.
Do not let the glamor blind you from the truth. Its a sales job and its about the numbers. When you show signs of the pipeline drying and no new assets then you are let go. From a business stand point it makes sense. If you can accept the truth early you will make it.
The truth is you are going door to door, rain or shine. The best time to go "door knocking" are the times you would be home with your family, weekends, evenings, holidays, and prime vacation periods because the prospect is home.
I didn't make it with them long. I was told when you are starving you should take anything. In my mind even when I'm starving I'm not going to change what I value.RecommendsApproves of CEO