Emergency Medicine Physicians
No jobs found – change your filters above for more results
- Comp & Benefits
- Work/Life Balance
- Senior Management
- Culture & Values
- Career Opportunities
I have been working at Emergency Medicine Physicians part-time (less than an year)Pros
10 hours shifts. Can submit schedule. Benefits are OK. CME allowance. Online access.Cons
1. Poor compensation. Low ball offers for experienced EM docs. Below market wage
2. PIT process: Physician in Triage. This person puts in orders on undocumented exam of the patient as sgins in as Dr. XX and turfs the care off to the core doc. Can work if the right person is there. Otherwise you end with management of many patients including your own. Soley done for the door to doc metric which the admin beans counters love.
3. Get a bad Press score and you get dinged in the pocket you lose $$$ because the pill head give you a bad review for not enough percs. So why suffer for this???
4. Misuse of mid level providers. Wants you to baby sit them for the 15% and uses lame excuses to validate this redundancy.
5. To many supervisors with little experience in the trenches running the day to day operations at the sites. 5 year out does not make you a leader.
6. Spends tons of $$$ on BS things like mouse pads and crap that could go to doc salaries.Advice to ManagementAdvice
Treat docs with respect. Pay them a fair wage. And trim the fat of supers.Doesn't RecommendNeutral OutlookDisapproves of CEO