Emeritus Senior Living
No jobs found – change your filters above for more results
Emeritus Senior Living Photos
2 people found this helpful
- Comp & Benefits
- Work/Life Balance
- Senior Management
- Culture & Values
- Career Opportunities
I worked at Emeritus Senior Living full-time for more than a yearPros
- Good Residents. They had amazing residents that you quickly fall in love with. Working in MC they had a good policy on who was a right fit for us and I never felt like they put us in danger with anyone like with previous employers.
- Good Benefits. The benefits offered were decently priced.
- Set Hours. I was given a set schedule and days off that I requested. There was also on call people for coverage. I never had to worry at the time of my hours getting cut often.Cons
- Poor Management. Our management was not involved in our problems and used the coworkers to tell them what was going on. Unfortunately this caused a lot of chaos and misunderstanding. They basically were in their office and didn't really feel like they cared much for their employees. We were just something easily replaced.
- Promotion only to Favorites/NO PROMOTION Opportunities. Basically if you kiss the managers butt hard enough and talk poorly of you're coworkers you are promoted. Not by you're hard dedication towards the residents. You're hard work does not shine through in this company and when you ask to speak to corporate about it the HR about you're options or a complaint they will re-direct you each time. Good luck.
- Team Members. They say who you work with makes the difference. At this SPECIAL Emeritus there was a set of coworkers in MC that not only treated you horrible if you were new, were mean to the residents as well. Was not giving proper care and would blame you for the problem. They are always following you around, harassing new caregivers. I once worked where a new person went home crying after her first day. Management is aware but yet encourages the bullying. I ended up leaving for another job where I was promoted to Supervisor after two months where I could flourish. You will not be promoted here unless you are mean and rude to you're team mates. They will not help you even if it is helping with a resident's needs that suffers. It hurt me to stay there when I had loved the residents so much to see them suffer for my coworker's dramas.Advice to ManagementAdvice
Please fix management at this Emeritus (Or I suppose it's Brookdale now?) It has a very bad reputation in the community. Many coworkers from my other caregiving job have also talked about the abuse they received asDoesn't RecommendNegative OutlookDisapproves of CEO