Fareportal Inc. – Las Vegas, NV
This role offers the opportunity to work for an exciting company in the midst of tremendous hyper-growth, and provides an environment for your ideas… Glassdoor
1 person found this helpful
- Comp & Benefits
- Work/Life Balance
- Senior Management
- Culture & Values
- Career Opportunities
I worked at Fareportal full-time (more than an year)Pros
Occasional happy hour and free food. The company has quick growth but will soon hit a wall and won't recover.Cons
I completely agree with every negative review here but will add the following:
1. Leadership is filled with incompetent, interrupting backstabbers with extremely poor managerial skills.
2. Management has zero knowledge on certain subject matters but will make any/all decisions regardless of input from employees.
3. All departments work in silos. Bonuses are department specific, which causes tension and no team mentality.
4. If you really want to work here, be prepared to clock in/out and be accountable (to the minute) for no less than 40 hours/week.
5. No one responds to emails! Especially people who are required to for their job roles.
6. So many rude people - this trickles from the top down to the rest of management.
7. The products/services pale in comparison to the competitors'.
8. Benefits are awful.
9. Office is set up like a call center
10. Broken promises!
11. Limited growth potential.
12. Considering it is a B2C company, no one cares about customer service. There are a ton of negative online reviews for both Cheapoair and Onetravel - all accurate.
*I can say that, with 99.9% certainty, any positive reviews here were written by HR or someone with an invested interest in the company.
Bonus: Two companies that I had interviews with each had a former Fareportal employee working there and both said it was the worst job they ever had.Advice to ManagementAdvice
Try listening. Trust your employees. Treat people with respect.Doesn't RecommendNeutral OutlookDisapproves of CEO