Gold Coast IT Solutions
No jobs found – change your filters above for more results
11 people found this helpful
- Comp & Benefits
- Work/Life Balance
- Senior Management
- Culture & Values
- Career Opportunities
I worked at Gold Coast IT Solutions as a contractor for less than a yearPros
- The people were nice and answered all my questions as they should. Very helpful, if you are vocal about things.
- The area where you will be living is pretty average. It's not like the slums or anything.
- They do reimburse you for the flight over like they said they would.
- They do train you to help prepare you to get a job with one of their clients.
- Internet is faster at the apartment than at their office.
- You can get a job if you just bear with the horrible living conditions and excel through all their training/testing.Cons
So many to name, it's not even funny. but here's a few things:
- The first week you are there, it's basically a trial run. They told me that they don't actually hire you for the second week,. You are basically competing to get the job the first week and if you pass then you get to stay. Otherwise you go home. They do not pay for the return trip, so that's money out of your pocket if you don't get hired (sign their contract so they can get you placement).
- They promise you that there will be food provided, both prepared meals and a kitchen. What you get? Nothing, they don't provide anything unless you ask for it. Then when you do and give them a list, it's like they throw it out the window and gives you stuff that you can't even cook with. For example, cereal with no milk, spaghetti with no sauce/meat, burgers with no buns/lettuce/tomatoes/condiments. Like really? There were no prepared meals provided at all.
- The apartment complex has a big living room and a couple of rooms. The problem is that they make it so that you are sharing each room. Two people in a small ass room. Also there are no beds. All you get are air mattresses.
- Transportation provided? That is nonexistent as well. The most you get is the free shuttle fare from the airport, and then they literally have people from the company come and drive you.
- They are supposed to come pick you up and show you the apartment when you get there. That did not happen at all. You're pretty much dropped off and have to look for the exact place yourself. If you can't find it, good luck getting them to answer your calls.
For the company themselves:
- They promise that you will get a job in a month after training guaranteed. It's not, you are just eligible to get a job.
- Training is free, but you don't get paid either. And if you don't get a job after your 1 month, you have to stay until you do while not getting paid.
- Benefits/pay is pretty much nonexistent. They are a staffing company that trains. So you only get benefits and pay once you obtain a contract from their client.
- Most of the day, you don't even know what is going on. There is no transparency on the information. Most of the time people are just sitting around waiting for a call
- Their office on the floor. They really just rent out a couple of rooms, and the rest are leased by other companies. They have like 52 companies in the entire building, and when I asked around, there is about 7-8 different companies on the floor they have their office setup at.
All in all, I had a very hard time looking for reviews of the place. I couldn't find anything to be honest so I took a chance and came here. But I hope this review will help others if they are contacted by this company.Advice to ManagementAdvice
If I have to give advice on how to treat your employees, you shouldn't even be allowed to do business.Doesn't RecommendNeutral Outlook