HealthTap – Palo Alto, CA
As Data Scientist eager to jump into brand new learning experiences, you’ll have fun analyzing complex, massive data sets. If this sounds like you… HealthTap
8 people found this helpful
“Most brilliant, ambitious, passionate minds authentically committed to change the world in a very big way ”
- Comp & Benefits
- Work/Life Balance
- Senior Management
- Culture & Values
- Career Opportunities
I have been working at HealthTap full-time (more than 3 years)Pros
* A diverse set of top engineers, designers, JDs, MDs, MBAs, informatics specialists, data scientists, marketers, etc. It's not uncommon to find people who hold multiple graduate degrees from elite universities, have years or decades of domain expertise and experience, and bring to to the table a level of energy and commitment that is rare to find in individuals
* People who are "mensches" -- truly good people who care for others, have a genuine kindness in their heart, and do things for the right reasons. These are the kind of people who strive to surround yourself with in life.
* Very sharp, quick learning environment. I'd be shocked if even the smartest of people wouldn't be impressed with the caliber of intelligence around the office in your first week here. It's an honor to work amongst my colleagues!
* How much bigger does it get than trying to measurably prolong the life expectancy of humankind and aiming to serve billions worldwide live happier, healthier, longer lives? So few companies (perhaps with exceptions like Google and Facebook) have a vision as grandiose ingrained in their DNA and story since inception.
* To be able to even save one life in the course of your career can justify anything you do with your work. To have received almost 13,000 notes from our members to date (at a rate of 40 or 50 a day at this point), expressing the sentiment that HealthTap saved their life or the life of a loved one is just an incredibly rewarding and fulfilling sentiment that keeps you motivated.
* So few products in the world are universally useful for every human being on the planet in such a fundamental way. Whether you're an engineer in Palo Alto or farmer in rural India, everyone deals with their health and no one would ever refuse immediate and free access to top doctors and their expertise, any time, any where.
* You get to create products for doctors and the mass consumer audience. We're essentially redefining a marketplace that has existed since the dawn of civilization
The Business Outlook
* HealthTap has the potential to be one of the first and elite few trillion dollar market cap companies in the world with a userbase in the billions. The value generated for each customer in health care is several orders of magnitude more than selling targeted advertising or even electronic hardware. When HealthTap serves the global masses in health care, the value available for the company to capture will be at an enormous scale.
* I would not underestimate the tremendous prospective value of the equity at HealthTap. This is the kind of company where an investment of time and money is likely to yield crazy returns.Cons
A company growing as quickly as HealthTap with the grandness of vision and opportunity available is undoubtedly one that requires a level of commitment, energy, and passion that is not for everyone at this stage of the company. At this stage of the company, there are more things to do than hours in the day. The first few hundred employees need to be committed to a long-term vision of what the team is trying to build and bring an intrinsic motivation and ambition to work every day. Working at HealthTap is one of the most rewarding career opportunities one can ever have, but also one that demands a level of accountability and time that are best suited for "missionary entrepreneurs" -- not those seeking just another job. These people need to be incredibly focused, organized, self-driven, and smart project managers who know how to manage their time and prioritize.RecommendsPositive OutlookApproves of CEO