No jobs found – change your filters above for more results
4 people found this helpful
- Comp & Benefits
- Work/Life Balance
- Senior Management
- Culture & Values
- Career Opportunities
I worked at Instaclick full-time (more than 3 years)Pros
- The head in the design department was awesome, as well as the head in Marketing SEO. I felt like they were the only people that kept me sane when the owner flew off his handle every now and then. They really helped me to cope and talk about the issues. They often stood up for me when I was being mistreated by the owner.
- I got to work alongside some of the brightest minds and made friends with some amazing people with whose friendships will last a lifetime.
- You work with very modern equipment and the company ensures you have everything you need to get started.
- The company pays for a full benefits package and excellent dental plan however does not offer any RSP.
- Plenty of opportunity to make up sick days (with no penalty) when you are sick for more than the max 5 days. I got sick a lot while working here as do many others (as a lot of people working here don't practice good hygiene - from nose picking, people not washing their hands after using the toilet - wait sounds like this should be a con). Anyhow working for this company, you will be sick often, but it's good to know they have your back. On a side note, I haven't been sick since I left this place.
- They have memberships to Lynda.com and other great resources right at your fingertips - however they would only buy 1 membership that you have to share with the rest of your team. Meaning only 1 person can be on it at a time.Cons
- What hasn't already been said. Yes there is some good but so much more bad than good. I caution anyone wanting to work here because of the fact that it isn't the most professional working environment. Yes it's casual dressed but last I checked Satan didn't wear ties.
- I would also be weary before choosing to work here. This is a company that goes under many names mentioned in previous reviews. They sell adult services, most of what they do is barely legal (I mean just barely).
- This company last time I worked here was in a lot of trouble. People were being fired left right and center. Also many left to pursue other opportunities because they got tired of being mistreated primarily by the owner. I have to admit that working for him was a challenge. You will feel like your walking on egg shells. He knows how he is, he knows people hate him, and he doesn't care in the least.Advice to ManagementAdvice
When I didn't have to deal with the owner my job was relatively easy but you didn't challenge me enough. I got really bored with my position, which left more time to stew about all the things wrong with the company. You really need to challenge your employees more and utilize ALL their skills (especially when we harbour multiple skill sets).
In my department the head was amazing but the assistant director was bossy and walked around threatening people with their jobs. I didn't appreciate his candour because I was a super hard worker. Before he fell into his position he was actually a nice guy. That's what makes it so sad because he changed. He no longer cared about the ideas of other members in his team. It was his way or the highway. His side kick was no better. I am amazed that they got any kind of work done since they spent more time out on smoke breaks and talking about people behind their backs. In my opinion the head of design as nice as he is I feel had been severely brain washed and has had the wool pulled over his eyes.
As soon as it became appearant that I no longer had a voice here I knew my time here was done. You really need to change they way things are done here. If people can't contribute their ideas you will leave people feeling like mindless robots. I have far to much ambition to succeed to let a company like this suck the life out of me.
It was almost tolerable and I will admit I tried to come back, but then quickly changed my mind when I reflected on all the bad that went on. My husband couldn't bare to see me go through that again.Doesn't RecommendNegative OutlookDisapproves of CEO