KnowledgeLake Inc – Saint Louis, MO
Headquartered in St. Louis, Missouri, KnowledgeLake is a three-time Microsoft Partner of the Year award winner and is recognized as the founder of… Beyond.com
“Confusing, lack of support, codebase is a disaster! New developers thrown in the deep end, and fired if they can't swim! ”
- Comp & Benefits
- Work/Life Balance
- Senior Management
- Culture & Values
- Career Opportunities
I worked at KnowledgeLake full-time (less than an year)Pros
- Nerf gun fights.
- Foosball table.
- Free sodas.Cons
- Existing code is complex, not document and hard to understand.
- Senior developers NOT willing to help juniors, out of fear of being fired, in favour of cheaper juniors.
- Knowledge hording, no support for new staff (Got to figure it our for yourself).
- Senior managers lie to your face, to cover their own faults. One minuite telling you they desperately.
need your help, then fire you the next day once they realise they can't afford to keep you on.Advice to ManagementAdvice
- Get a clue!
- Go back to collage and acutally finish your business degrees.
- Stop treating developers as idiots and tell the TRUE story of what is going on.
- Impliment knowledge sharing, so that junior/new developers have a chance to survive.Doesn't RecommendNegative Outlook