No jobs found – change your filters above for more results
3 people found this helpful
- Comp & Benefits
- Work/Life Balance
- Senior Management
- Culture & Values
- Career Opportunities
I worked at Landry's part-time (more than a year)Pros
You meet a lot of nice people
If you were around in the summer they offered 10% off your phone bill if you were with AT@T
Rain Forest Cafe looks extremely good on a resume, it shows other companies you know how to handle massive crowds and pretty much have access to any other job in the same industry.Cons
1. Company tries to make workers happy by givings contests to compete for stupid pointless prizes.
2. Company tries to force you to sell Landry Select Cards, which are a waste of money for anyone to buy. You literally get fired if you don't sell the plastic no joke.
3. The Managers are dumb and argue with each other
4. The Secret Shopper comes once a month and people get fired because they don't promote the Landry Select Card.
5. You get dirt hours and literally have to work 7 days to put together 20 hours of work
6.Its a black hole for students, sure you think the job is cool at first but quickly realize it blows having to put on a fake smile every single day and listen to obnoxious music on full blast, like seriously turn the music down some, I like to have music on loud but not at the rates they pump it at and it never changes.
7. Students get hours that suck so they have very few chances at going out to find a new job, its almost like your in a pit because its either make money miserably or not make any money.
8. The food is awful, who pays for potatoe chips on a plate?
9.The company is extremely cheap , they somehow find ways to buy all these companies but cant fix and maintain their empire of food chains.
10. The POS system is older than me, crashes, freezes, super slow.
11. They try and make hourly workers do more than they really should be doing.
12. Managers will do what ever they have to do to suck every single dollar and penny out of what is called a ( GUEST ) which is just a polite way of saying customer with money.
13. Its called the Rain Forest Cafe but only 1% of the CANDY sales actually get donated to the Rain Forests! People always ask how much money is donated, do you have any idea how hard it is to dodge that question. Candy Sales make up less than 1% of the stores revenue.
14. This company has no values what so ever and it's sad.Advice to ManagementAdvice
Don't sell your soul to this company, you can learn so much more at another company.Doesn't RecommendNegative OutlookDisapproves of CEO