No jobs found – change your filters above for more results
Life Technologies Photos
1 person found this helpful
- Comp & Benefits
- Work/Life Balance
- Senior Management
- Culture & Values
- Career Opportunities
I have been working at Life TechnologiesPros
Pay is better than average. If you can get a severance package take it. Some people are nice. Technology and products make a difference.Cons
* Market dominance across many sectors means that if you're lazy or under perform; nothing happens.
* Culture has a lot of back stabbing and side-room deals.
* Company claims innovation, but its competency and main concerns are in managing legacy businesses.
* Lack of overall best practices.
* Little credence given to true business acumen; scientists think they are business people and can "pick it up", R&D likes to play product management and make commercial decisions
* Lots of organization churn and endless debate over things that make no material sense for the business or customer.
* Leadership claims they are looking for innovation, but punishes failure.Advice to ManagementAdvice
Let product management do their job and own the product. Let R&D develop and deliver the product, not make product or commercial decisions.Doesn't RecommendNegative OutlookDisapproves of CEO