Director of Operational Accounting and Reporting – easy apply
Markel – Bermuda
• Key advisor and partner to the Segment Controller as well as executive leadership of OAR, provide financial insight and perspective on accounting… Glassdoor
Agency Operations Specialist – easy apply
Markel – Omaha, NE
One of Markels unique competitive advantages is the Markel Style which inspires our associates and guides our decision-making. Reflecting the Style… Glassdoor
In order to show you the most relevant results, we have omitted some entries very similar to the ones already displayed. To see more, consider refining your search term or location.
1 person found this helpful
- Comp & Benefits
- Work/Life Balance
- Senior Management
- Career Opportunities
I have been working at MarkelPros
- Family Atmosphere
- People are honest and try to do right for the company
- Financially Conservative company (Mergers/Acquisitions occur frequently) and you know it won't be in the news for a bad trade or catastrophe
- Flexible work conditions
- Pay is fair and bonuses have been consistent
- Rewards employees for loyalty to the company through stock option/vacation programsCons
- Career Advancement opportunities are limited, especially outside of home office for both business and supporting staff
- Technology is old and not going to change anytime soon
- Little organic growth on business side
- Health Insurance is not that greatAdvice to ManagementAdvice
This is a very good company and a great place to work. The company has a lot of hard working and dedicated IT people that want the company to succeed and we need to allow for them to make a difference otherwise we will lose them.
- Technical people have little input into IT decisions at both tactical and strategic level. That needs to change.
- Little opportunity for staff to grow technical skillsets do to type of projects and technology. Essentially skills learned in training are gone shortly after since they are not applied to work.
- Culture does not allow for innovation to take hold and entrepreneurial spirit making it difficult to recruit and retain top/good IT talent
- We do not have strong technologists leading groups and it impacts deliverables in both quality and speed to market. This needs to change in order to deliver what the company needs for success.RecommendsApproves of CEO