Meadowood Napa Valley
No jobs found – change your filters above for more results
- Comp & Benefits
- Work/Life Balance
- Senior Management
- Culture & Values
- Career Opportunities
I worked at Meadowood Napa Valley full-time (more than 3 years)Pros
Working at a Michelin 3-Star restaurant provides valuable experience.
- You gain insight to how the 1% live, operate, and socialize.
- You receive first-hand insight into the pursuit of excellence (at any cost)
- You can make a lot of money - for the restaurant business
- Being part of a resort you have access to benefits (401k & health insurance)Cons
- You are easily replaced and reminded of that fact daily (many candidates would work for free to gain the experience)
- You are frequently treated very poorly by guests (who feel entitled because they are spending $500/person on dinner)
- The hours are long, very long - and your life is expected to revolve around the needs of the restaurant
- High levels of animosity is held toward the Restaurant from other departments on the resortAdvice to ManagementAdvice
- Keep up the good work, but stay mindful that you're cooking, serving food, and removing empty plates...not curing cancer.
- Stay humble and don't perpetuate the poor treatment you received when you started in the business.RecommendsPositive Outlook