No jobs found – change your filters above for more results
- Comp & Benefits
- Work/Life Balance
- Senior Management
- Culture & Values
- Career Opportunities
I worked at Nutro Products part-time (more than 8 years)Pros
Hourly rate for PNS work is good. Nutro PNS at one time were far better trained than most pet store vendor reps. Not sure if that is still true. Nutro production facilities exercise good quality control.Cons
1) Mars Corporate management has systematically purged the original Nutro management and denigrated the hard work and talent that built the Nutro label. Mars has shown no respect for the original Nutro people.
2) Mars Corporation does not communicate with the rank and file...there's no vertical communication in either direction.
3) Nutro isn't a distinct brand anymore..."Mars Pet Care" includes Pedigree, Little Caesars, Royal Canin, Nutro, Iams, and Eukanuba.
4) PNS work in pet stores but we are not allowed to touch any pets - no other pet store staff or vendor reps subscribe to that policy. Acknowledging someone's pet is a great way to open a conversation about pet products but Mars disallows it. It completely hamstrings the approach. Why send personnel to work in a pet store if you don't think they know how to avoid a dog bite?Advice to ManagementAdvice
1) Honor the talent, the hard work, and dedication of the original Nutro people and integrate them into Mars Pet Care - but it may be too late for that.
2) Remember what made Nutro a respected and trusted product and don't take that trust for granted. You are losing shelf space everywhere.
3) Provide more channels for open communication to/from "the field."Doesn't RecommendNeutral Outlook