Old Dominion Security
No jobs found – change your filters above for more results
- Comp & Benefits
- Work/Life Balance
- Senior Management
- Culture & Values
- Career Opportunities
I worked at Old Dominion Security part-time for more than 3 yearsPros
- Relatively easy to get the job. No previous experience was necessary for unarmed officers and would almost take anyone.
- You get your Unarmed Security license at no extra charge as it's necessary in order to work at Old Dominion.
- High turnover. They are almost always hiring. Even when they're not, they will call you back when they say they will in the future instead of throwing it into the black void of applications.
- Paid time-off. Regardless if you're part-time or full-time, you accumulate paid time-off. Don't forget about it in case if it's the end of the year and you need some money.Cons
- Relatively easy to get the job. The coworkers you work with could be a mixed bag of great employees who understand teamwork or coworkers who do not work and you get written up instead.
- Micromanagement. There's a lot of focus on minutiae. Managers seems to be more focused on monitoring employees to a T instead of monitoring the contracted site.
- Hours. While they have flexible schedules, they tend to have too many employees. Unless you've proven your worth and are a trusted officer, you might be struggling for hours.
- Pay. Depending on where you're assigned, you can make a decent amount of money per hour. If you make a higher amount based on your assignment, most likely you will not get a raise. They pay you higher in certain areas as compensation for the risk involved, but they tend to not give you raises because money tends to be tight.Advice to ManagementAdvice
Please screen out more employees and be tougher on hiring applicants. You may end up saving money from hiring all kinds of people and your workers will be more efficient when they have good people to work with. The result is also that shift managers wouldn't spend their time babysitting the worst employees and focus on more important areas.Doesn't RecommendNeutral Outlook