Prudential Real Estate Investors
Prudential Real Estate Investors – Madison, NJ +2 locations
PREI is the real estate investment management business of Prudential Financial. PREI is comprised of fund management centers in the US located in… Glassdoor
- Comp & Benefits
- Work/Life Balance
- Senior Management
- Culture & Values
- Career Opportunities
I worked at Prudential Real Estate Investors full-time (more than 3 years)Pros
1) The people are very smart and dedicated. Team members and others in the office are very supportive.
2) Exposure to a wide variety of people across the real estate industry.
3) The 3-year analyst program allows for planning for the future. After the program, it's "up or out" -- either get promoted or find another job/go to grad school. Staying on as a 4th year analyst is usually an option for good talent, but most find that option undesirable.
4) Real emphasis on getting work done, not just being in the office to demonstrate you are "working hard".Cons
1) Working in a satellite office (San Francisco, HQs in New Jersey) means less face time with upper management. I felt this can inhibit advancing in the company.
2) You can only be promoted after three years -- but if there is no associate-level position available, then there is no possibility for advancement.
3) Work is done in silos - there is the transactions team and the asset management team. They keep work separate for the most part. There is little formal learning between the teams.Advice to ManagementAdvice
1) Allow for rotation between teams so that employees understand all steps of the process.
2) I saw almost no evidence of corporate social responsibility or commitment to greening buildings. The company does have a fiduciary duty to its clients, but I think the company could benefit from incorporating dedication to social and environmental causes into its mission statement. I think it could set PREI apart with clients, have no material impact on earnings, and provide big benefits for people and the environment.RecommendsPositive OutlookApproves of CEO