No jobs found – change your filters above for more results
Red Hat Photos
- Comp & Benefits
- Work/Life Balance
- Senior Management
- Culture & Values
- Career Opportunities
I have been working at Red Hat full-time for more than 8 yearsPros
People are passionate, committed, and capable. "Dead Weight" is rare on a team. Most teams are flexible and allow you to maintain an excellent work/life balance.Cons
- While the technology used is often new and interesting, the problems being solved tend to be dry and uninteresting.
- Development teams have little input about customer requirements/needs
- There is a large gap of missing information from people in the field versus those designing/building products.
- Some teams become process heavy and seem to over complicate the work they are doing.
- Red Hatters tend to be a different sort of people, they are more vocal on what they like/dislike on mailing lists with several sounding "whiny" at times.
- Company is growing and losing the 'startup' feelAdvice to ManagementAdvice
Development teams are often building products with little to no input about the desired customers needs/wants. Product Management (if it is even available) is not gathering enough information from customers and passing it to developers. End result is developers are guessing at details of features without having a good understanding of the customer. It would be helpful if there were ways to increase interactions with those in the field (support/solutions architects/consultants) with the engineering teams. In my experience the teams operate as separate silos with minimal interaction.RecommendsPositive OutlookApproves of CEO