Salesforce – United States
• Strong Data Warehousing experience– Candidate must have at least 4 years experience in data warehousing technologies. • A proven track record of… Salesforce
- Comp & Benefits
- Work/Life Balance
- Senior Management
- Culture & Values
- Career Opportunities
I have been working at Salesforce full-time (more than 5 years)RecommendsPositive OutlookApproves of CEORecommendsPositive OutlookApproves of CEO
- Work life balance
- Growth opportunities
- Great middle management
- Brilliant CTO
- South Bay shuttle is a huge time saver
The R&D organization has some of the best minds in the industry. While the company has grown (and the product as well), the organization is continually adapting itself and trying to get more agile. One of the very few companies where the Individual Contributors have a huge influence in the direction and roadmap of the product.
- Title Inflation. Too many CTOs and too many Architects
- Cronyism has set in and the rot is spreading like a virus
- After 4 years, effectively one takes a pay cut because of no stock options or all options have been vested
- Top down. Used to be bottoms-up.
- VPs of Engineering are aggressive and promote cronyism
Advice to Management
R&D used to be a great place where individuals felt great about contributing to the product. Advice to the new engineering management: Do not kill the Salesforce culture. Nothing is perfect, but what you (new engineering management) are doing is attempting to replace an open people-empowered technology culture with a top-down cronyistic culture. You have lost some great minds and will lose a lot more if you do not fix your approaches.