Sargent & Lundy
No jobs found – change your filters above for more results
1 person found this helpful
- Comp & Benefits
- Work/Life Balance
- Senior Management
- Culture & Values
- Career Opportunities
I have been working at Sargent & Lundy full-time (more than 3 years)Pros
- Pay is fair
- Raises are fair
- A few good men and women to work with
- Bennny's are fair
- Opportunity to move up is very good
- Per diem is very good
- Site work for the most part is a good learnig experienceCons
- Management doesn't care..... budget and deadlines are all they care about.
- Travel is BS. You travel on your own time, expense reporting is time consuming and payroll nit picks the hell out of everything, you are shoved out the door without being prepared and expected to come back with a complete and perfect design.
- Engineering and design are dont work well together, Nuclear and Fossil are battling with eachother...TEAMWORK is an absolute joke here. It is every man for himself!
- The preach about qaulity but dont get the budget/scope/schedules right in order for us to priovide a quality product.
- Cannot approach Discipline Manager with questions or issues without feeling like he will snap on you.
- NO consideration for life outside of work.
- Have to read a million procedures and they expect you to do it on your own time. Once you read them you know everything...ha!
- No one is held accountable for there mistakes. I was involved with a project where a senior designer made a huge mistake and absolutely nothing came of it except management talking S*&^ behind his back.
- No organization, in regards to contacts, paperwork...etc., when traveling to site..... seems as if its a learning experience every signel time one goes to site.Advice to ManagementAdvice
Take a second and get some input for the folks actually doing the work. Stop making promises we cannot keep.
Have some sort of group outtings that force us to work as a team and maybe, just maybe, it will rub off in the office and we can all work together instead of pointing fingers to why we haven completed things on time and under budget.Doesn't RecommendPositive OutlookApproves of CEO